Movie Reviews

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's my latest reviews...................

Narnia-- AWESOME, AWESOME!!! Can't say enough about it, I actually bought it, and I don't buy movies, it was just great from beginning to end and I wish it would have been another couple hours longer!
default_yes.gif
:

Crash-- As everyone has said, everyone should see this movie! It has a great message and was brilliantly done. The only thing I didn't like about it was the constant cussing. I don't mind some harsh language, but every other word gets to be a bit much.

Fun With Dick And Jane-- Well Duh! Jim Carrey is in it so it's a barrel of laughs!!! Dumb plot!!! But worth watching cause Jim Carrey is always worth watching :bgrin

I didn't even notice the cussing in Crash, but I don't doubt it was there. I myself cuss WAY too much. I think about the only time I do not is when I'm with a client
default_sad.png
I bet there's not a day when I don't say G-- D--- It and m----- f----- several times. Not very ladylike at all. :no: An, my favorite cuss phrase is probably one that can put a person in the "go directly to heck, do not pass go" catagory.

Just put Fun With Dick & Jane on our NetFlix list! Thanks for the recommendation :
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
A History of Violence-- I left after the second sex scene
default_wacko.png
:

Narnia-- just watched it last night, and I loved it! although I think more time could have been taken to tell the story a bit better for those of us who have not read the books (Like me). But then again that would have ment a few movies and it would turn into another LOTR/Harry Potter thing so on second thought it was fine the way it was

JarHead-- I loved it but that might only be because Jake Gyllenhal was in it.

Fun With Dick & Jane-- Hated it, the only time i laughed was when my dad farted. I think they made the movie take place a few years back just so they could make that joke at the end (don't want to spoil it for people who have not seen it yet)

Dreamer-- I loved it of course!!

King Kong-- I don't like these types of movies but this one impressed me alot, and liked it. I really liked the T-rex battle :bgrin

Just saw Scary Movie 4.
default_yes.gif
: I guess it is one of those movies where if you like the first three, you will definately like the 4th. I for one LOVED the first three, so you can imagine, I LOVED this one. I laughed so hard, and by the end my face literally hurt because it was in the smiling position forever! :new_shocked: I have no idea who comes up with this stuff, but man, it's hilarious. I guess I just have a guy's sense of humor on immature jokes. :lol:

Jill, I'm with ya. I curse a lot more than I really should. It all started after my husband and I got together, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! I try to control it but before I know it, there I go again with another one.
default_wink.png
: Funny though, I usually don't do it when I'm around "other" people, just immediate family. I guess they are the ones who bring it out of me, haha.

Movies I saw in the last month-

North Country

Walk the Line

King Kong

Simon Birch

Dreamer

[SIZE=14pt]Brokeback Mountain..... didnt like. Embarassed me to watch it....[/SIZE]

Memoirs of a Geisha... LOVED this one! Almost give prostitutes a good name LOL

Chicken Little ... cute twist on the story!!!

I dont watch Horror movies..... Now the SCARY MOVIES 1,2,3........ FUNNY!!! Cant wait to see 4

April

Good thread! I'm also a Netflixer - here's what I've seen recently:

Strictly Ballroom - good dancing, but weird, weird characters in the movie. If you can get through the bizarre characters, you can enjoy it!

Wedding Crashers - cute, fun mindless movie!

History of Violence - didn't think it was believable and I HATED the ending!!!

Junebug - I liked it!

You want to see a really good movie??? It's call The Songcatcher - PG-13:

"During a visit to her sister in Appalachia, gifted musicologist Dr. Lily Penleric (Janet McTeer) stumbles upon a musical treasure trove -- dozens of Scots-Irish ballads that have been preserved for generations by the local populace and are unknown to the outside world. Intent on collecting the beautiful songs, Dr. Penleric comes to admire the locals, who live a tough, hardscrabble existence without complaint. "

Two big thumbs up for The Songcatcher! :aktion033:

Liz R.

Another movie reccomendation from me.........................

Just watched this one last night.......

"An Unfinished Life"

starring Jennifer Lopez, Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman, and that guy that played Reece Witherspoon's husband in Sweet Home Alabama.

This movie was just excellent from beginning to end! Great story with a great message, awesome scenery footage, wonderful acting......... it's a must see
default_yes.gif
:

I don't watch that many movies, as most of the time, I'd rather read. I'm extremely picky about what I'll give up the time to watch, and with many I read or brush the dogs, or so something else at the same time.

We just watched one that had my undivided attention: The Constant Gardener. Very intense and painful, but extremely thought-provoking. Excellent acting, too.

On the extreme opposite end, I loved The 40-Year-Old Virgin! Extremely funny and goofy, yet very sweet at the same time.

I also loved The House of Flying Daggers.

We went to our vintage, small town theatre to see Narnia, which was excellent.

We now have rented Crash, for which I have high expectations.

we're proably a good month or more behind you guys for the cinema - but kids where off at easter and went and seen 'she's the man' had to put hands of youngest eyes and ears at times, but ok all round movie.

I think White chicks is one of my all time favs

Always have Wizard of Oz in the house - sorry for those of you think Xmas is here again.

Of course GREASE ! have to have all of these to educate my daughter and sons !

Have to have a think

I can't believe I forgot to mention The Constant Gardener! It was an excellent film.

Latest posts

Back