Neverending Saga: Time to Light Up the Mountain!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
As we countdown to our official light up night, December 2, the saga of the Christmas lights becomes more and more intense. There is no more time to waste; we are moving full speed ahead for our official lighting. I thought we were over the top but now as I stand around, it looks like we need more, more, more lights put up. We have a lot of last minute stuff to get done as quickly as possible, but the problem is that we will be way over the limit for a safe amount if I continue to add more.

My front porch is a mess. You cannot even walk up the stairs without becoming tangled in something. Lights, lights, lights, gobs of lights, wreaths, ribbons, garlands, hammers, screws, drills, miles of extension cords, stakes, boards, well you name it….my porch is an ocean of work yet to be done.

As earlier reported, our original Jesus for the Nativity blew away some years ago in a winter storm. It had been replaced by a toy doll that has not worked out well at all. Last week, during the Nativity set up on the lawn, a certain bad German Shepherd puppy had stolen the doll and claimed it as her own. After chasing said bad puppy all over the farm, it completely vanished into thin air. Yes, very naughty puppy had hidden it very well. It was recently discovered to have been partially buried underground with other souvenirs of said bad puppy, such as mommy’s missing hairbrush, a Dr. Shoal inner-sole, and someone’s sock. Not to worry, a baby Jesus exactly like the original has been located and arrived here this week and took it’s rightful place in the stable.

However, the choir angel that goes to the Nativity has met her demise so-to-speak. Seems due to her ripe old age of some nearly 40 years, she has lost her eyeballs and her head has been spinning like Linda Blair in the Exorcist, despite my glue gun attempts to stabilize it. And let’s not forget that she became earthbound since she also lost her wings. Not to worry though because a replacement was found on e-bay and a new angel is en-route to complete the holy scene. I hope it will arrive today.

Many new lights have been added this year. Seems that our multitude of light strands don’t last forever and many had to be replaced.

New visual additions were added such as a few light up candy canes, and a star with light strands streaming from it, a small herd of 2 animated deer that couldn’t be turned down. Wally World had them on sale for even less than the dollar stores so hurray for Walmart.

The show stopper will be the very loud Christmas music that will be synchronized to the lights. I have no clue how this is going to work but that’s not my job, so I’ve left that to my illustrious son, Little Dancing Dan the stereo boom boom master who you can hear coming down the road a mile away. Dan has decided he would like to make it even more louder and has been inventing surround sound for it. In the yard???? Oh my. Dan is notorious for hooking up stereo systems in cars. You know the kind that you stare at in town and shake your head at and hope they get a terminal headache because they gave you one? Yea, that’s the kind he excels in.

I have decided to be a bit of a Grinch and not worry about making tons of hot chocolate for the stoppers by because frankly, I have a past history of taking on more than I can chew so I bailed on the idea. I figured that I don’t have any desire to stand in my driveway and freeze to death and blow away in this wintry mountain wind and fumbling all over myself, spilling boiling hot brown liquid on laps of innocent car riders. That idea seemed nice and festive, but I’ll pass.

So now the rush is on to complete the rest of the lights by Saturday. There are still more lights to string on the porch, and here and there throughout the yard. A quick trip to town for more electric tape and spare light bulbs for back-up is on tap and do please keep me away from those little deer. If I bring home as much as one more red bow I stand to be evicted. No the Hus is not being Scrooge-like but I have let the house hold stuff go to crap lately. The laundry is piled up sky high around here, dishes in the sink, and boy I need to do some scrubbing. He’s jumping in whenever he can but let’s face it, he puts in reds with the whites, so I’d rather him not help. I know he would love to see me back on track with my house duties for a change. Christmas can become very messy! Again, not to worry, it will all be done in good time eventually. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

The telephone company is sending the cherry picker back for the second time today to help reach one more high place so I’ll have a pizza ordered for them.

Saturday will be only a test run. That is when we hook everything up and see how many fuses will blow. And they will blow. They always do. Blow, spark, fizz, and go BOOM CRASH! That’s adjustment and fix it day. All day. And trust me, that takes all day long to get it all working properly without blowing the house up.

Look back here around Sunday night for pictures., Monday at the latest.

If I can’t figure out how to post a movie, I’ll have pictures. Wish us luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOO HOO, Marty!!! You're almost there!!! Best of luck with the fuses and can't wait to see pictures!!!
default_laugh.png

Marty, I am waiting with baited breath to see all this!! I cant wait!! Good luck finishing and having enough energy to do so...
default_biggrin.png

default_aktion033.gif
Best Wishes for a Bright Holiday Season!
default_aktion033.gif

default_wink.png
Good Luck! I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well!
default_wink.png

Marty, glad to hear you are getting closer.. Humm, just wondering, if I look south, with all those lights, I might see a glow
default_wub.png
Wishing you all the luck that everything goes well on Sat..
default_cheers.gif
default_luck.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't WAIT to see your pictures! Seems like hardly anyone has decorated this year. Sounds like you're making up for all of them.
default_aktion033.gif

default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif
Oh Marty I love it!!!!! Wish I could swing by and see it in person!!!

Can't wait to see pictures!!!

~kathryn

ooohhh i love lights! in fact that's the only thing i ALWAYS do, is my outside lights... if the kids won't help inside, i won't do it alone, but i love to come home from work and see my lights glowing
default_wub.png

can't wait to see your pics Marty
default_aktion033.gif

Wish I lived nearby! I hope you're able to get video...would love to see it! Good luck!!
default_laugh.png

(P.S.-Marty, here's something you'll really love. Elf yourself! Here's a link to one I did with Billy and Silver, my minis. At the end you can "Elf Yourself". Enjoy!
default_aktion033.gif
)

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1122049149

Waiting with baited breathe to see this wonderful creation. No really I REALLY cant wait. This is really awesome.

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
[SIZE=24pt]LET THE (light) SHOW BEGIN!! [/SIZE]
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

We crashed and burned!
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

Hus just couldn't wait for Dan to come home from camping so he attempted to fix the boom boom Christmas box and I don't know what he did, but we have a whole lot of lights not working......
default_unsure.png

Come home Dan before Chevy Chase here blows us up!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH""""
default_laugh.png
ill be looking out my window tonight for a GLOW as well from across the pond,

well done Jerry,Marty and DAN! Micheal would be so very proud of you all,

can i just say Marty that thats the most beautiful picture in your avatar it gave me a lovley warm feeling in my heart...i dont get a lot of those...

I hope you all have a peaceful christmas...

not like the time the tree fell, after it being too big lol
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wub.png

Right then, it will be OK kiddo! Back in 70's our two Great Danes brought down the tree playing and I was at work, ever since our trees are attached with a wire to the wall..

I promise if you get it all up and running I will sing "You Light Up My Life" to myself loud enough for you to hear
default_biggrin.png

Maxine

OK if anyone has any time, I have a test movie uploaded to my computer.

Just a sneak preview of some of them we have working.

Can anyone tell me how to post it here, without the rest of my millions of photos coming up with it too

when I try to upload it to photobucket or youtube???

Hey Marty

Wishing you the best with it, has Dan made it home yet? Are you saved

yet? It will all work out. I just know it will. And I too am still waiting for pictures.
default_laugh.png

Hey the new picture, who is it?

Vicky

Latest posts

Back