Neverending Saga: Movie star in the family?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
The film crew arrived during the wee hours of the morning on Monday at Sequatchie Middle and High Schools to film part of Mariah Carey's new movie, about her life.

Several kids were chosen to be extras in the movie, and a couple of girls were given short speaking parts and 1 boy. Guess who?

Daniel says he has no clue how he was chosen for a speaking part except that a lot of people kept pointing their fingers towards him as he walked around on campus going from class to class, he felt he was being followed. He said it was like everyone was under scruteny. Finally, he said he was taken to the library for a short interview and was asked if he was interested in playing in a scene. Is it my imagination or wouldn't anyone be jumping up and down with excitement? No, not my more than laid back son, who is cool as a cucumber. My shy, timid, well mannered, gentleman, entrepreneur of a son, responded "Depends on what's in it for me, run some numbers past me" I cannot believe he did that!!!! Their response to him was that he will be view by millions . His response back was "hmmmmmmm yea ok" as he grinned that naughty boy grin of his.

So they asked him to speak, to say anything to check out his voice and accent. The liked it and said for him to watch the Tennessee accent and slang and they liked his look, whatever that meant. Tall, skinny with freckles? Guess so.

He filled out a lot of papers and then was whisked away to this semi that was in front of the school. Inside was Mariah Carey, but only for a split second and no one even knew she was there. She gave Dan a wink and a nod, and he gave her one back grinning, and then she was gone in a flash to hop a plane.

They had him in wardrobe there for a couple of hours. They measured him everywhere, he said even his head! They spiked up his hair and gave him white highlights on the tips, whitened his teeth, changed his clothes into a different tee shirt, jeans, and some other black shoes that he said were pretty awesome. Then they put some kind of molds behind his ears to make them stick out a little bit. And had a ton of makeup all over his face and gave him a car........well just to borrow for a scene.

Then he had to study for a scene.

He is playing "Lucas" who is Mariah Carey's first love.

Mariah Carey is being played by a girl named "Tia" who according to Dan, "is too hot" (that means very good) who was cooking in a tanning bed on the semi. Apparently she was quite smitten with Dan too. They discussed his coming to Vegas to meet her parents. Oh my word..............and he managed to get her unlisted phone number. That's my boy! aukkkkkkkkk

He and Tia studied in the library and prepared for their scene and the actual scene went very well according to the film crew. I sure hope they use it and don't cut it out.

Then Dan took Tia on a small tour of the high school but they didnt' get very far. They were brought back to the semi by their security. At the semi, by that time there was a buffet set up with steaks a all kinds of food so Dan ate very well for the past two days.

Then, they left.

Now, we wait. For probably a year. I don't know how long it takes to make a movie.

I'm glad Dan found a reason to be happy this week. Even if it was only for a couple of days, he's smiling. Hate to brag but he's got a really cute smile and I love looking at it.

Thanks for listening

http://www.topmovieblog.com/2006/02/mariah...r-in-tennessee/

Camping.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is way too cool!! Glad Dan got to have himself some fun and I hope he makes it on the big screen!!! :lol:

Pammy

Well hooray for Daniel for being the entrepenneur and negotiating the role. So who's buying the popcorn when the movie comes out :lol:

Dan, this news is so wonderful. I'm glad they chose you! I bet you had a great time getting prepped for your part.....white teeth and blonde highlights - Woohoo!!!!!

Marty & Jerry - I bet you're on Cloud 9!

Oh, and hey Dan.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow (March 1)! :488:

Was great seeing all of you last Saturday, too! :risa8:

Tam

OMG...that is way kewl Marty!!!! I sure hope they don't cut it either!!!! :aktion033:

I think that is hilarious about 'negotiating' for the role!!!!! :bgrin

Tell Dan he rocks!!!!! :saludando:

~kathryn

OH Marty! You described a scene from a movie...hehehe! Dan looks awesome and happy. Praise God! The thespian in me says to tell him to break a leg, but he is too much boy and just might!
default_smile.png
:lol:

That is so neat, only in Tennessee huh?

I am really excited now, that music video or movie is a must see ..even though im not a pop-princess type gal.

One question ...can i have his first autograph????
default_wink.png
:

Hillarous :lol:

WOW! That is so cool Marty! I will definatly be sure to see that movie, especially if Dan's in it. Very exciting.

Congratulations, Daniel! That is awesome.... :aktion033:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

WOW! HOW AWESOME! :aktion033: :aktion033: Now THAT is just WAYYYY COOL!!!

SUPER Congratulations Dan! :aktion033: :aktion033: Can't wait to see the movie...gonna be sure and buy the DVD TOO!
default_yes.gif
:

CONGRATS DAN :aktion033: :aktion033: WHAT A GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

Well.........even if the scene does get cut, what a wonderful experience for Dan!

It's going to be fun to hear more as the film is being made. Is this going to be for TV or ???

MA

HEY...HEY...HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out for the Paparazzi Dan! :aktion033: Before you know it....we'll be seeing pics of you in all the Star mags like People, Enquirer, In Touch, US, Star, etc. :bgrin I'm counting the days til the movie comes out...have my seat reserved & popcorn in hand! :lol:

:saludando: Marty, that is great news!!! You do have a handsome young man there.. :flirt: Can I have his autograph, too??? Can't wait for the Movie to come out!! :lol: I haven't gone to the movies in years, but I will to see Dan.. Way to go ... :risa8: :new_multi:

Latest posts

Back