Mother Nature Foal Predicting kit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I bought the Mother Nature's milk testing kit to use for my mares. Tonight was the first night I used it. In the booklet that comes with it, it says the most common results will show at the far left of the chart, and that by the time it gets to the far right, foaling is imminent. Yet the type around the color chart says that the far right is the non-foaling area? Has anyone ever used this kit, and what is the correct way? Stepper tested on the far right, dark green on the bottom, and amber on the top. Her milk was easy to express, and is yellow-colored. Slimy and not syrupy.

Aaakkk.......sorry. I won't be much help. We bought one years ago and got so fed up that we threw it away. We found using the simple Hot Spa Water testing strips to be much easier and simpler.

I bought the Mother Nature's milk testing kit to use for my mares. Tonight was the first night I used it. In the booklet that comes with it, it says the most common results will show at the far left of the chart, and that by the time it gets to the far right, foaling is imminent. Yet the type around the color chart says that the far right is the non-foaling area? Has anyone ever used this kit, and what is the correct way? Stepper tested on the far right, dark green on the bottom, and amber on the top. Her milk was easy to express, and is yellow-colored. Slimy and not syrupy.
Thank you for your post on Lil Beginnings and the chance to clarify this information. There is a printing mistake in the booklet, and we are so grateful that you brought it to our attention. We are in the process of getting it reprinted. You are absolutely right! You are looking for changes from right to left, from the non-foaling range to the foaling range.

On your horse, Stepper, you are in the 10% range. Please call our office if you have further questons or email. We would be happy to help you through this!! Thank your business and also for being a customer of Mother Natures. We also provide an online website with Frequently Asked Questions. I am going to post the brochure correction on there until the reprinted ones come out.

Take care, Cindy Coffman, Mother Natures, LLC

Aaakkk.......sorry. I won't be much help. We bought one years ago and got so fed up that we threw it away. We found using the simple Hot Spa Water testing strips to be much easier and simpler.
We are sorry that you experienced problems with the Mother Natures Kit. We are here to help with support 7 days a week, and have online support 24 hours per day via our website. Our kit is the only equine specific, patented kit on the market, and we really believe it is a great tool for determining foaling. If you have had problems or concerns with it, we would love to talk to you. We want this to be a user friendly kit so that our customers will be there to help their mares.

Spa strips are for testing water, and although can be accurate, it leaves out two main components of chemicals that our strip test for. With those three pieces of information, you can be so much more accurate on determining when your mare will foal.

Let us have the opportunity to discuss this with you. We want happy customers! Thank you for your post on Lil Beginnings, and for the opportunity to talk to you.

Sincerely,

Cindy Coffman

Mother Natures, LLC

www.mothernatureskit.com

Thank you Cindy, I did email you last night also, as well as posting here. I had also looked on your web site, so it is good you are going to post it there...you might want to post the correction right on the home page. I was a little concerned, since my girl was either all the way ready, or all the way NOT ready! LOL. You must understand that I am also an extremely sleep-deprived horse mommy right now, and very easily confused.
default_wacko.png
Thank you very much for posting this here.

I do have one additional question, since you are on here. On several web sites that have the instructions for testing with the other strips, they indicate the test is more accurate when using a 1 ml/6 ml mix...don't know why that would be? Do you find that to be true? and if so, the little test tubes in the kit only seem to hold .5 ml/3 ml. Any suggestions?

I will say the colors are very easy to read, and it seems easy to use overall. A great tool in helping to determine readiness!

Thanks again!

Thank you Cindy, I did email you last night also, as well as posting here. I had also looked on your web site, so it is good you are going to post it there...you might want to post the correction right on the home page. I was a little concerned, since my girl was either all the way ready, or all the way NOT ready! LOL. You must understand that I am also an extremely sleep-deprived horse mommy right now, and very easily confused.
default_wacko.png
Thank you very much for posting this here.
I do have one additional question, since you are on here. On several web sites that have the instructions for testing with the other strips, they indicate the test is more accurate when using a 1 ml/6 ml mix...don't know why that would be? Do you find that to be true? and if so, the little test tubes in the kit only seem to hold .5 ml/3 ml. Any suggestions?

I will say the colors are very easy to read, and it seems easy to use overall. A great tool in helping to determine readiness!

Thanks again!
Thank you for your post, Amy! There is absolutely no difference in the milk "formula" for mixing 1ml to 6 ml, or 1/2 ml to 3 ml. For a miniature especially, we always suggest the 1/2 ml to the 3 ml. You have the miniature horse test tubes. The chemistry of the mare's milk is the exact same, either way.

Thanks, again, Amy!!

Cindy Coffman

Mother Natures, LLC

www.mothernatureskit.com

If you will contact us, either by email or phone, we will send you a complimentary Mother Natures Mare Foaling Predictor Kit with the new brochure and directions for use. We want you to be happy with your purchase and give us another try.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Cindy Coffman

Mother Natures, LLC

www.mothernatureskit.com

I started using these kits late last foaling season and I wish I had tried them earlier! What a total life-saver! Literally. I was having one heck of a time with a particular mare and not understanding the signs I was getting from her. We had watched her 24/7 for 7 weeks and we were sleep deprived, confused, stressed, you name it! My friend Monette (Wisteria Mini Horse Ranch) told me she swears by these kits so I got one. O M G!
default_new_shocked.gif
Mo told me when it gets to a certain range you ARE within 12 hours and it had never failed her! She was SO right! We started testing (I'd been using pool strips prior) and when the MN kit said ready, she foaled 8 hours later!!! We were there, helped with the birth and all was well. HUGE sigh of relief!

Obviously your mare has to have something to test for it to work, but if the mare's got milk, you WILL know when it's time! LOVE these kits!
default_wub.png

Thanks for posting that, Parmela. I am glad I got the kit. Cindy has also been excellent at talking me through this today. I haven't foaled out a mare in years, and the only mini mare I attended was Ally, to a poor result. That was no one's fault though, just a bad dystocia. I will rest a LOT easier with Stepper using the kit. I can't use it on Flirt right now, because although her bag is big and hard, she is a maiden and has no milk. Also, her little teats are very hard to get a hold of and I know she is sore, poor girl. So I will have to do the wait and watch on Flirt, but now I just feel safer with Stepper.
default_wub.png

Thanks for posting that, Parmela. I am glad I got the kit. Cindy has also been excellent at talking me through this today. I haven't foaled out a mare in years, and the only mini mare I attended was Ally, to a poor result. That was no one's fault though, just a bad dystocia. I will rest a LOT easier with Stepper using the kit. I can't use it on Flirt right now, because although her bag is big and hard, she is a maiden and has no milk. Also, her little teats are very hard to get a hold of and I know she is sore, poor girl. So I will have to do the wait and watch on Flirt, but now I just feel safer with Stepper.
default_wub.png

Amy,

I know how stressful it can be. I'm glad Stepper is giving you something to test. Those maidens are so darn tricky! Hopefully Flirt will start with some milk (you only need the teeniest amount for the test) when it's time so you can know when you're within a few hours.

If every mare would just give us milk life would be a lot eaiser!
default_laugh.png

One word of caution for any newbies relying on any milk test kits - not all mares will follow what the kit says. Things can change very quickly - the most predictable thing about a mare is her unpredictability!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back