Morgan gets a Christmas Present-

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDogs & LittleHorses

Reaction score
Morgan, AKA BBF's Soda Jerk is my first miniature horse. He was my neighbor's when I moved in to my current home in 1997, and when they sold the property they offered him and his gelding donkey buddy Wyatt Earp to me. When they sold him, they mentioned that one of his testicles have never been accounted for, and sure enough, I never could see or feel another one when I went looking for it! The veterinarians couldn't find it either when I asked them to hunt for the darned thing also.

I've alway been straightforward about his issue to other folks, having read about people's concerns about cryptorchidism, although I have to admit that I did allow him to breed ONE of my mares one year and got a really cute little filly by him. Felt a little guilty about doing that, but figured I'd never do that again.

Anyway, yesterday when was giving him his evening oats and hay, I decided to "cop a feel" as I had periodically done a few times before, figuring it was pretty hopeless, and felt TWO large, uniformly sized nuts, side by side!
default_new_shocked.gif
I went out there again tonight and yep, still two, like there should be.

Obviously, he didn't just grow one in the last few months, and I don't think Santa brings these things. So I guess one is just shy? :DOH! Goes on vacation somewhere?
default_rolleyes.gif
Has a second home?
default_laugh.png

Anyway, I had to share this with someone! It's not something I can call up my non-horsey friends and talk with enthusiasm about
default_wacko.png
LOL

Anyone else have a stallion with a sneaky testicle?

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
We have never had that kind of problem. My guy has had both of his Berry's from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back