More puppy questions/suggestions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffsmom

Reaction score
Should I be concerned that my puppy was eating grass? He was grazing alongside my gelding this evening, and spent quite some time chowing down on grass. I don't know if he was just mimicking the horse or what.... I noticed he was throwing himself around on the ground while we were out on our walk, which leads me to think he has a bellyache?

I've heard before that dogs eat grass to soothe a bellyache, but is this true? I saw him go #2 today (a couple of times) and it was kind of runny and light. I've never seen him eat grass before, though. Can I give him some Pepto or is this a sign of something more serious?...or am I being a worrywart?

Also, it's 11:00 p.m. here right now and he's been laying down for over an hour and normally he'd be up harrasing everyone. His temp is right at 100, and his mouth is black so I can't really tell if his gums are their normal color. His nose is completley dry (I've also heard that when it's dry they are sick?).

The only thing out of the ordinary that I've done to him is I put a new flea/tick collar on him yesterday, however, he's had one on for several weeks (same brand). He's had all of his shots (except rabies, he's not old enough).

Advice please?? TIA!

Thanks Marty
default_wub.png
:

I guess I will be on Vomit Patrol tonight! Good thing I have a severe case of insomnia....

all my aussies eat grass regularly and never vomit from it or ever seem to have any ill effects from it.. i think mine just like to eat it!

Latest posts

Back