More horses in the hospital! :(

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=18pt]Hi ALL,[/SIZE]

Haven't heard from the vet this afternoon yet! But, no news is good news, I hope!

Tam, you asked what hospital they were in! Their in Mountain Empire Large Animal Hospital in Johnson City, TN! Someone asked if our stallion passed out and stayed out! He was out cold when i got to him and was still out in the trailer! Dr. Simkins and myself carried him to the examing room and then to a clean stall! He was unresponsive to light in his eye and was sweating all over! His tempature was 97 when I got him to the hospital and 2 hours later it was 94! They've run a bunch of bloodwork and everything looks pretty good! While we were working on him his blue eyes turned bright yellow! So, now they are checking for liver problems!
default_sad.png
I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear anything from the vet!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh gosh! I hope your horses have a speedy recovery. My prayers go out to you.

Beth

Bill I am praying for you and Wanalynn and your little horses. I am so sorry this is happening to you, God bless your heart, you guys are such good people and no better homes for horses. I hope to come back to see good news. {{{{{Big Hug}}}}}

Bill & Wanalynn -

Add my prayers to all the others - man you're having some bad luck. Sure hope your stallion is doing better by now - not to mention your mare.

Hugs,

Barbie

Bill

I am sorry about all the troubles, when it rains it poors. I will say some prayers for your

stallion, and continue the prayers for Pearl and the baby. Sure glad to hear he is doing better

the little one. Did the stallion ever come to? Or is he still out. How scary.

Prayers and Hugs to you all

Vicky

I just saw this so sorry for all the troubles Prayers from here as well for a complete recovery for mare and stallion.

:eek: Oh my gosh!! I hope he will be alright!!

Keeping ya'll in my prayers!!

Joyce

OMG, you folks have had a run of bad luck. I sure hope your stallion will be ok. Please keep us posted when you can and our prayers are with you.

Joyce

Good Lord Bill, you guys have had enough bad luck to last you 10 years. I'm praying for you.

This is really reaching but when you said his eyes turned yellow it put me in mind of KayKays stallion I think last year. He was poisoned by a weed called night shade (I think) and his eyes turned yellow.

Ginny StP

Oh my, i am so sorry to hear of all of the trouble. It is always so heart breaking when these little guys are sick. Keep us updated and we'll be sending prayers your way!

I am so sorry about all of your bad luck. Best of luck that they might all be healthy again soon. Blessings to all !

bill im so sorry!!! yellow eyes are definately jaundice so something is up with the liver for sure. My stallion and gelding got a noxious weed in the pasture and got poisoned. eyes, muzzles and anything white turned yellow. Thank god we caught mine in time and actually my vet was shocked that they didnt get deadly ill. It wasnt night shade it was the same stuff that romeo and juliet drank to kill themselves. Dang it i cant think of the name (been a long day) but growing in the pasture it looks like wild carrots or ferns. This weed is so toxic you have to wear gloves to remove it

Sending prayers!!!

OMG! I am so sorry you guys are going threw all this! It proves, bad things happen to good people (& horses!)!

Any word to night on Mario?

Viki

Oh My Goodness Bill. I just saw this post. I am soooooo sorry about Mario..please keep us posted. This has to be wearing you and Wannalynn total to a frazzle. Glad to hear Minnie Pearl's milk has finally come in and I sure hope she is doing better.

Praying for all of you.

Latest posts

Back