More Barn Camera Problems!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Wolf Ranch

Reaction score
WELL. . .I was advised to purchase this model of security camera by MareStare: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=95914 . . . . . . . .

PROBLEM: It only comes with 80 feet of cord! I measured and I am going to need a little over 100ft. of cord for it to reach my TV in my bedroom. I have nowhere else to plug it up into as my foaling barn isn't an inclosed barn and its about 100ft. (give or take a few feet) away from my TV. . .about 92 feet from the side of my house. Contacted the company about this dilemma and I got this reply:

The camera range is to infinity, but the best resolution is within 100feet. So past the 100 foot mark we do not know how clear the picture may

be. They do not recommend extending the cable.
So where do I go from there? I am really wanting a wired camera system but all the ones I have found at that website suggest my MareStare comes with 80 ft. of cord which isn't enough. Is there any way I can get around this and get a longer/more cord?

What wired camera systems do you use and could you lead me somewhere who has a camera that fits my needs? I need to try and hurry and get this camera system up and going as her 340 day mark is May 7th but I would like the camera up in place by her 290 day mark in March.

Thanks guys, I'm frustrated & don't know what to do right now!

Katie

Last edited by a moderator:
At the time I first signed on with MareStare they were recommending the Riverwind cameras. http://www.foalingcamera.com/wired_barn_ca...s_overview.html

I bought the wired color camera and love it. It has 1000 feet of outdoor cable and 50' I think for in the house. If you go to the website, you can see an example of it in use in a barn. Not sure if that is wired one or not but the image quality is superb.

Looks like a nice system but I would really like to stay with something in the under $100 range (including shipping) right now. Quality doesn't have to be superb as I will have lights on at night like usual, etc. I just need something so I don't have to sleep in the barn
default_wacko.png
. Plus, I don't think I am going to use MareStare this year as my family will be home 24/7 and someone will always be watching and there with her on the property.

So, any takers on $100 cameras (including shipping) that come with approx. 100-110ft. of cord?

(picky, aren't I?
default_biggrin.png
)

I bought a tv with camera system and it came with only 100 ft. Where i wanted to put the camera was 300 ft away from my house. I purchased the 300 ft cable and the resolution was fine. If I were you I would go to Radio Shack, or somewhere, and see if they have 100 ft cable to fit your camera. Try it. If it doesn't work to your satisfaction, take it back. Make sure to ask that they will refund your money if it doesn't work.

Go to Radio Shack and get more cord. We just installed the quad system from Harbor Freight ( of course it went on sale after I bought it)

We placed the multipler in the barn, ran the cameras to it and then one cord to the house. Hubby went to radioshack and purchased speaker wire with the plugs, pull them apart and plug together with an adapter and instant 100 ft of wire.

( there are other options but this was the easiest!)

Looks like a nice system but I would really like to stay with something in the under $100 range (including shipping) right now. Quality doesn't have to be superb as I will have lights on at night like usual, etc. I just need something so I don't have to sleep in the barn
default_wacko.png
. Plus, I don't think I am going to use MareStare this year as my family will be home 24/7 and someone will always be watching and there with her on the property.
So, any takers on $100 cameras (including shipping) that come with approx. 100-110ft. of cord?

(picky, aren't I?
default_biggrin.png
)
katie,

i bought this camera http://www.cctvimports.com/bullet-cameras-...et-camera-p-448 that is what you watch my mare lacey on! i paid a total of 104 for the camera, the power cord and 100ft of cord. its a great deal and more cord isnt too much!!
default_smile.png

Thanks for posting Shadowpaints! I really like your camera feed as it is very clear. I am going to look into getting the same one as you. . .I think I'll get the 150' cord and a 2yr. warranty on it as well. . ..

Thanks so much everyone!

Latest posts

Back