Molly, Little bit.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It always gives me great pleasure to make a vet do a double-take! We've had a few mares deliver beautiful babies that were NOT PREGNANT -- so said the vet. So, we'll just watch and wait. LOL

This should be interesting! Maybe you will be able to send pictures of your new little one to that vet in the not too distant future????

By the way, it is always worth asking the vets at the small animal surgery if any of them have had horse experience - you may well find that one has done a lot of horsy 'work' in the past, but has chosen to transfer to small animals. Maybe they would be willing to keep an eye on Molly for you if it proves that she is pregnant???

Anna, I never thought of that. I will have to call around and see if any of them have.

Not much changing here.

Her udder has gotten a little bigger and milk is bouncing between 7.5 and 7.8.

0629131803c.jpg

0629131803.jpg

She's certainly progressing nicely - as Diane said, not much longer now!!

Miss Molly is the same. I am starting to wonder if the vet was right.
default_frusty.gif

I was wondering if the stallion is registered but the mare isn't can I still register the foal? I know that you can with some of the horse breeds just unsure about mini's. I am new to the mini world.

Still watching and waiting.

I think you will find that both sire and dam have to be registered before you can register the foal - is it possible that you could 'find' Molly's papers somehow? (it is Molly you are talking about isn't it - she may well be registered somewhere).

Suggest you glance at DebbyT's thread - she's new on here and having the same 'trouble' as you with her mare. Maybe there's something in a name - her mare is a Molly too!!!!

Boy looking at the July 3rd photo I would have thought she would be pretty darn close by her udder development...but maybe a bit of repositioning in her tummy is taking some time. She looks great

I think that you should call around and see if someone else can come and look at her. Someone who wont ignore your questions. I am so glad that my vet is my vet, he NEVER overcharges, and no matter how stupid the question is he always answers it. I know some vets have a ultrasound that is done from the outside of the belly. Maybe that could be a option?

"One" Molly finished.....and "one" Molly being stubborn!! Come on Miss Molly -- we're all waiting!!

I am totally convinced that Molly is not going to have a little one. She hasn't had any changes in a long time and the timing is way to long for her to still be pregnant.

So I was so sad that there was not going to be a little one that i went out and got me a little one.
default_yes.gif

He was born in April and is the sweetest little thing ever. He doen't have a name yet ( I will take suggestions). His dad is pure white with blue eyes (not Cremello) and a very nice looking guy. I think he is gonna shed out to be mostly white too. Molly is in love with him and is showing me just how good of a mama she will be.

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

Oh what a gorgeous little poppet - many congratulations!! Sorry to hear that Molly has decided not to produce you a little one, but I'm sure this new little fella will fill the gap for you.
default_yes.gif

As Diane says - lots of pics please!

I have a question regarding little bit and what to put down as color on his papers.

As you can see he is almost white now so would he be considered grey or something else. i have never had to register a horse before so this is all new to me. He does have a little brown spot on his face and I am not sure if his tail is going to be white or not there is a white spot on the top of the tail but then brown on the rest and I don't see the white underneath the brown like in his mane.

It is so hard to get pictures of him he wants to be right next to me and follows me everywhere. He is the sweetest little thing I have ever had the pleasure of being around. He isn't scared of anything and I don't think there is a mean bone in his body. He loves the kids and seems to love all the hugs and poking and prodding that they give him. Little bit is what we have been calling him not sure if it will stick or not.

thank you for all of your great advice and knowledge. All of you on this sight are great!!

0804131943.jpg

0805131940a.jpg

0805131941.jpg

I would put his "base" coat color down, and under "markings" put -- greyed out

That way, the pedigree would show his base color, and also that he is carrying a greying gene. Is he AMHA, AMHR or both?

Such a handsome boy -- and it's so wonderful when they have that loving nature....just makes you want to cuddle them constantly!!!

Latest posts

Back