Molly, Little bit.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several of the pictures aren't posting either they're deleted or moved, it says.

Have no fear -- the internal ultrasound is quite safe and is done with a probe through the rectum -- not going to poke at baby -- just looking for baby, and baby's position. So, it's perfectly safe. I used to ultrasound my mares 3 times during their pregnancy with no ill effects. So, no worries, she'll do fine.

If you have the pictures on your computer, you can load them directly here, by going to more reply options, the "use full editor" and then at the bottom left you will see the browse button that will let you look on your computer for the picture you want, then to an attach, and you can then add it to your post.

That is weird they all come up for me. I will get them moved from phone to computer and re post.

hopefully these will come threw for you.

0527132008a.jpg

0527132007b.jpg

0527132015.jpg

0527132019.jpg

0527132006a.jpg

April 21st and Today
default_smile.png

0420131838c.jpg
0527132008a.jpg

Any chance of getting the cam on line again?

Last edited by a moderator:
No news, she is staying the same, I check her in the morning and she is slab sided and loose in the rear, then in the afternoon she is round as can be and tight in the rear. On the plus side her udder is staying the same not really going down during the day like before. Her belly is so hard It just doesn't feel like a fat soft belly. also it seems like when she is slab sided that her top line looks different. Not sure how to explain it. I just can't seem to figure her out.
default_frusty.gif

I have a feeling that she will just continue to make the ever so slow changes until she is ready to go.

Vet is supposed to be out the end of next week so I am curious to see what he finds out.

Her udder staying the same from morning to night as to from night to morning means that she is getting very close. Also there are quite a few mares who will look as though they have 'lost weight' when they go slab sided, yes they may well look a little flat in the flank as baby has dropped but they should not look as though they have lost weight over their backs. if she's looking a little 'suspect' over her spine/back they you may have to think about upping her food supplies.

I hope you have all your camping gear set up close to her stall - she may be presenting you with a new baby before the vet comes at the end of next week!
default_yes.gif

Tonight mollys milk has changed to a gold color it has been white for a long time. Is this a step forward or back?

It was testing 8.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I am so frustrated.

The vet came out and he told me that since I had split up the stallion and Molly back in april that she is probably not pregnant.

Even if she did get pregnant threw a fence he said she should have had it the first of may since he left the property the first part of june. He wouldn't palpitate her because of her size he said she was so small he didn't want to hurt her, He does have big hands but i kind of think he just didn't want to take the time to do it. He was there and gone in less than ten minutes. I asked him if she wasn't pregnant then why was she so lopsided? He changed the subject and never did answer my question. I think that I have the only mini he has ever taken care of at least that is the way he made it sound.

So I have decided to give her until july and just wait and see.

I also have a question about worming I would have asked the vet but since he was so sure that she was not pregnant I felt foolish to ask.

It is over her scheduled time to get wormed I know you guys worm them right after they give birth but can I worm her now if she is pregnant and not hurt the baby if she is close to giving birth?

I don't want her to get wormy and have to worry about her if she did.

Here are some pics.

0610132025a.jpg

0610132024.jpg

0610132025.jpg

0610132026.jpg

ae692095-959f-446c-9c34-29e049916beb.jpg

Here is a picture of her when I first got her, she does have her winter woollies on.

0313121147a-1.jpg

Hi and welcome back
default_smile.png

If he is convinced she is empty did he give you an explanation on why her udder is growing? I would email him pics of her udder from the beginning of April and today and ask his opinion. Mares don't just grow udders so she is either pregnant or has an infection. Have you tested her milk lately?

I test her milk every night and it is testing between 7 and 8. It bounces up and down.

I showed him all the signs that I have been seeing and he still insisted that she just couldn't be pregnant. I am a little upset that I payed him a lot of money to come out and blow me off. I almost felt like I knew more about mini's than he did...and I don't know too much Molly is my first.

I am looking for a new vet but they are few and far between where I live. We have a small animal vet every half a mile but to find a large animal vet is getting really rare. All the good ones have retired in the past few years.

So like I said I am just watching and waiting.

She has started to get almost a funny little waddle when she walks it is cute. She isn't laying down as much either I don't think she can get up real easy so she stays up.

Is there any other reason that her belly would be lopsided? I just don't want to be missing something. I am not so sure that I have ever seen movement in her belly...I thought maybe I have but I don't really know what I am looking for. When she eats her belly moves a lot but it is just gut movement, It is very rhythmic and on both sides. Her gut movement has gotten a lot more noticeable since she has gotten big.

What about the worming? Can I go a head and do that?

Yes sorry I forgot to say, I would go ahead and worm her with something safe like Ivermectin .

Latest posts

Back