Model Stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Horse Lover

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm planning on entering a show in July. But they have a model stallion class. What is that? I've always been curious as to what it is!

Thanks!

Kasey

It is a halter class based only on conformation of the horse - no movement is judged. Horses are brought in and lined up to show similar to any other halter class. There are no HOF points for this class.

It's a fun class. It is good to get your gitters out and get your horse some real class practice before the "real" class.
default_smile.png

Go, have fun and relax.
default_smile.png
You'll do fine.

I use to put my horses in the model classes, however, no longer am doing so for one reason. By the time the horse goes in for Model, Regular Class, Jr/Sr Champ and then Grand...that is FOUR times the horse has been in the ring and showed by the time it enters for the GRAND class. I have found that when I stick a horse in the model class, by the time the grand class comes around some of my horses can be 1) moody 2) extremely PO'd 3)lack that same amount of "show" they had the first and second time in and its just a touch harder to keep them focus and get ears ext.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to put my horses in the model classes, however, no longer am doing so for one reason. By the time the horse goes in for Model, Regular Class, Jr/Sr Champ and then Grand...that is FOUR times the horse has been in the ring and showed by the time it enters for the GRAND class. I have found that when I stick a horse in the model class, by the time the grand class comes around some of my horses can be 1) moody 2) extremely PO'd 3)lack that same amount of "show" they had the first and second time in and its just a touch harder to keep them focus and get ears ext.
I should add I find this for older, more experienced horses - especially for senior horses that have done it for years. For younger horses in training, and ideally younger, newer showers, I find this a very helpful class for nerves. I also think Grands and Championship classes are not always an option for every person, so unless there is a truly STUNNING horse, I wouldn't be worried about this.
default_smile.png

I have a National Top Ten halter horse and I don't always plan for the Grand classes.
default_yes.gif
Anyways, showing is just for fun, so go with what you want and have a good time - that's what it is all about
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back