Mini's, mini's everywhere

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes for a guardian animal I sure would go with a Llama they are now a dime a dozen
ohmy.gif
...Many of the pet Llamas are going to be only around 100 bucks if not less or even free
aktion033.gif
I can get a pet male Llama any time I want one for 100 dollars as their prices just went into the toilet a few years ago
no.gif

Miniv said:
Debra,
I'd go with the llama over alpaca.....Llamas are bigger and don't cost much and are sometimes even free!

Another option for a guard animals is a donkey.  Not sure which is more aggressive.

MA

477184[/snapback]

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I am hearing this from alot of people and my husband does want a donkey. My husband saw video of a cougar stalking a man on a donkey that was out hunting and sure enough, the footage showed the donkey throwing the rider and turning around to attack and kill the cougar. Pretty amazing footage.

And, congratulations on the move to Powell Butte.
wink.gif

I've never met an unfriendly/bratty llama even the grumpy ones were always respectful. Also that whole spitting myth really gets on my wick. In the 6 or so years we bred llamas and the years after I helped with llamas things I was only spat on by llamas/alpacas ONCE...and that was my own fault, I got inbetween a large group of females who were fighting over food.

Latest posts

Back