"Miniature" Rotweiller

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I just got a Freecycle post in my email about miniature rotweiller puppies. It says that they'll only get to be about 15 pounds, fully grown. I've never heard of them and did a quick search. The only site that I found says that a "miniature" rotweiller can get to 90 pounds :new_shocked: That doesn't sound very "miniature" to me.

I'm not in the market for a new puppy since we got Casper. I do LOVE the rotweiller breed and was curious about the miniatures, if anyone's ever heard of them or seen them
default_unsure.png
:

If I had to guess I would assume it is some sort of mixed breed that resembles a rott, people use all kinds of interesting names for mixed breed dogs. :eek: :eek:

Mixed breed was my thinking as well.

Sure would be cute to see a real miniature rotweiller, though :bgrin

The ones I've seen advertised as mini rotties are a cross between a minpin and peke!! Just a look-a-like mini rottie, no rottie blood at all. AKA a designer dog.

Unless someone has taken a runt of a litter, than taken another female runt and kept back a runt..

Get what I mean... Than maybe can be miniature but takes a lot of years to create one
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link that I came across a couple years ago:

www.minirotts.com

These "breeders" do mini rotts and mini boxers. Scroll down to the bottom of the home page and there is a link to carlin/mini rotts and it shows photos of what they've bred. Looks like they are trying to develop this breed as a "real" breed. They are spaying/neutering all dogs before they sell them and retaining the best for their breeding program. They are actually calling their breed the Carlin Pinscher and just use the term mini rott to describe what they look like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a little googling and it looks like there are several breeders out there trying to get this breed to be the real thing. There are a lot of people out there, like me, who love the look of boxers and rotties, but wouldn't want one because of the size. A mini look alike would be appealing to some. That's how I came across this particular breeder a couple years ago, I was wondering if there was mini versions of some of the larger breeds I love (or look alikes). I won't ever have a large dog again, yet there are many I LOVE the look of. Of course, for me, temperament of a dog comes before looks, so these breeders better be getting THAT right
default_yes.gif
:

Whilst I would never have a docked dog of any sort I have to say the "Mini Boxers" look quite convincing.

The "Mini Rotts" just look like black and tan Pugs someone has lopped the tail off- the expression is all wrong.

Pointless exercise as far as I can see- but then I guess if you can ask nearly $1,000.00 for each puppy it makes a HUGE amount of sense!!

The strangest part of this "fad" is that that is around the asking price for any pup over here- so basically they could have bred anything and shipped it over to reap the same sort of profit!!

Makes you wonder why they bother.

OMGosh! I love these little guys. Especially the boxer look a likes. What sweet little faces they have!
default_wub.png
: Myabe I should look into breeding "miniature german shepherds" LOL!

OMGosh! I love these little guys. Especially the boxer look a likes. What sweet little faces they have!
default_wub.png
: Myabe I should look into breeding "miniature german shepherds" LOL!
I would LOVE a mini GS.
default_wub.png
: I would never own a full size one. I've had a great pyr and a st. bernard and just don't want to do BIG dogs again.

Latest posts

Back