Miniature Horse World magazine subscription

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DEFINITELY !!!!

As long as I have miniatures, I will subscribe and probably even afterwards.

Joyce

yes.gif

Keep in mind, that a large cost of the magazine is POSTAGE. Blame the postal system. How many heavy mags do you receive in the mail?

NO, a big huge nope!

I am a lifetime member, but do not want to put out that huge amount of money for a magazine which should be paying more of it's own way.

The pictures are nice, but like already mentioned...many times, old. I do not want a picture book...I want information. I want articles which pertain to my breed...many of them.

Also...I DO receive many magazines, by mail, and no way do they cost nearly as much as the MHW. They do, however, contain numerous articles about horses...and basically, horses, are horses; small, or not.

The BEST miniature horse magazine was the Miniatue Horse Voice.
wub.gif
It was, IMHO, the best of any miniature horse magazine out there. Unfortunately they stopped production the same year that AMHA membership fees were increased, and the MHW was included in the membership fees. I myself, couldn't afford the AMHA increase, and the Voice...and it is possible that many others felt the same. Remember the increase to us outside the US, is quite a lot, considering the exchange and postage. For that reason, I have always wondered if that hurt the magazine enough, that it was the reason they "folded". I would be the first one to subscribe, should it start up again!!
yes.gif
yes.gif

I'll agree Miniature Horse Voice was a great publication but unfortunatley he had to go out of business as it was not paying for itself. But I don't agree with you on Miniature HOrse World. Course I realize your cost would be higher with postage to Nova Scotia but to me, IT is the magazine for minis. The magazine that AMHR publishes can no way compare. I am running out of space so will be parting with my Miniature Horse Voice magazines soon.

Joyce

If you are not happy with the magazine content, say so. I am sure the assumption is that people are happy with it because they hear no different. Use the survey comments to tell them what you really think. We cannot fix something if we are not aware that it is broken.
no.gif

If you are not happy with the magazine content, say so. I am sure the assumption is that people are happy with it because they hear no different. Use the survey comments to tell them what you really think. We cannot fix something if we are not aware that it is broken.
Well, they (AMHA) does know I wasn't happy with having to buy it when the membership rates went up because the MHV was included with it. I wrote the Association a nice long letter; and actually received a reply, stating that my letter was taken in front of the Board. It made no difference, we still have to pay the larger fees, and the magazine is part-n-parcel of that...but it felt good that they even took my feelings into consideration.

That was when I decided to buy my Lifetime membership...it was getting too expensive not to.
biggrin.gif

I love my MHW Mags and feel it's well worth your membership fee to receive them. The articles have been getting much better over the last couple years although I wish we got more special publications like we used to. I like my World Mags better than the Journal also. My husband who isn't a magazine person also looks at both.

That said I miss the Voice VERY VERY much!

Debi

Sounds like there are a lot of opinions! I think I will join AMHA. But that idea of telling them there should be more info is good thought! I would be more than happy to pay for info!
biggrin.gif
Maybe we could all send letters in suggesting that! Thanks so much everyone with your opinions!
yes.gif

Stephanie~

I'm not an AMHA member & have no intention of joining since I have only one AMHA reg'd horse & don't plan on acquiring more. However, I have subscribed to the World for 2 years--my subscription has now run out & I'm not sure I'll bother renewing. I enjoy the 6 picture-books per year, but I'm not sure that 6 magazines full of ads are really worth the price. Once in awhile there's an article that I think is pretty good, but for the most part the articles are very brief & not too informative. My Horse Care subscription is much more beneficial, and it's only $20 Cdn for the year.

I do keep up with the Journal, since it comes with my R membership--it's got fewer ads, but just as much info as the World.

I think it is definitely worth every cent ....IMO it has had a lot of very imformative articles in it. I LOVE the magazine.

Clara

Latest posts

Back