Miniature Horse Club of Ontario (MHCO)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny

Reaction score
On behalf of the President, Michelle Courtemanche DVM, and all of our Executive Members, I am very pleased to announce that the MHCO is now a recognized club of the AMHR. We will be sharing our news and member listings in each issue of The Journal starting in June, but here's a preview of what we have in store.

We have many exciting events coming up this year such as a spring clinic in May, a series of open shows in which to compete for Year End High Point awards, club socials and Fun Days and, the most exciting of all, an AMHR sanctioned show.

The Club has come from its humble beginnings in 1993 with just a handful of members with a bright vision for the future, to a current membership of nearly 100 farms and individuals. We have enjoyed a huge growth spurt over the last couple of years, and now our own vision for the future is brighter than ever.

We are so excited to be hosting our own AMHR sanctioned show this year. The first rated show in Ontario was put on by Sandra Quance in August 2000 with 24 horses entered. It was Sandra who sparked the flame that got so many of us so interested in and committed to showing in the AMHR and working towards being the best that we can be. Our shows, under various and different managers, have continued to grow each year to where we had a series of four AMHR shows last year, averaging 60 horses at each one, that were put on by MHCO members Pat and Ernie Zammit. They have passed the torch now to the Club to carry on, and it is with great pride that we do so.

Please come and visit our Club's website, and consider becoming a member! You don't have to live in Ontario to join. Everyone is welcome!

Glad to hear you have a sanctioned show this year. Spoke to Amy about it I they were excited about the show.Love the photo contest and voted last year when Mary Kavelman told me about it. Such great pictures very hard to choose one for each section. Congratulations again on recognized club of AMHR. :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
:

WooHoo!!!! :aktion033: :bgrin :aktion033: :bgrin

Congrats to the MHCO!!!!

Kim

Yahoo! Im very excited for the coming events that are in our path and will sure be a hit! Each year we become better and the future is looking great for us! Way to go executive for coming this far!! :aktion033:

See you all at the Winter Social! :saludando:

-Kris

I am thrilled to be involved with this wonderful group of people at this very exciting time. I have watched the Club blossom over my 3.5 years as President into the organization it is today. We have done this thanks to many committed and hard working individuals. It is better than I ever thought it could be.

I am proud to be a part of it.

Thank you all.

Michelle

Sunny that is great news! I know that you guys have been wanting this!

There is a good reason its the best mini club north of the border!!! Wonderful group of people!!! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back