Miniature Box Stalls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildhorses

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone here has any Miniature Box Stalls in their barn that are portable? I have shopped online, and the few options that I have found are REDICULOUSLY expensive! I am wondering if there are other companies out there that make them, or if anyone has ever had any custom built by a welder. I just can't spend $1,000.00 per stall for what I am finding...expecially when I need about 20 stalls! But I want something I can take with me when I move, and want the option to reconfigure my barn if ever needed. Thanks a bunch!

I know of several mini breeders that use the portable mini panels to set up their stalls in their barn. Have you looked into that?

Don't know if this will help, but this worked for us.
default_wink.png

What we did was to have a tubing company build us stalls that were basically 12' X 12', with connector’s midway also. Giving us the option of 2 - 6' X 12' stalls are the full sized at 12' X 12'.
default_yes.gif

We had them built as you would see normal round pen or portable catch pens with the round tubes on the ends panels with a smaller pipe slid thru it to connect them. If that makes sense. Then to keep the horses from messing with each other we used the plastic ties to attach cut 2" X 4" panels in between each of the tubes making up the sides and front.
default_smile.png

Horses can see each, ventilation is great and we have as much variation as we need. The cost was about 30% of solid stalls and we like them much better.
default_wub.png

Good Luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if this will help, but this worked for us.
default_wink.png

What we did was to have a tubing company build us stalls that were basically 12' X 12', with connector’s midway also. Giving us the option of 2 - 6' X 12' stalls are the full sized at 12' X 12'.
default_yes.gif

We had them built as you would see normal round pen or portable catch pens with the round tubes on the ends panels with a smaller pipe slid thru it to connect them. If that makes sense. Then to keep the horses from messing with each other we used the plastic ties to attach cut 2" X 4" panels in between each of the tubes making up the sides and front.
default_smile.png

Horses can see each, ventilation is great and we have as much variation as we need. The cost was about 30% of solid stalls and we like them much better.
default_wub.png

Good Luck,

John,

Do you have a photo of them? Sounds like a neat set up!

Carrie

My whole new barn is set up with portable panel stalls. With the gate fronts, they are great! Lots of ventilation, and the horses don't seem to pick at each other, of course There are a few that I have to be conscious where I put.

I wouldn't put a breeding stallion in one with a bunch of mares in the barn unless I put additional dividers up between the stalls.

I used the 8' panels from Double Diamond. They are fastened to the wall supports at the back, and I put 4 x 4 supports in the front where the stalls are going to remain permanently set. I also used the panels to make a round pen, plus an indoor arena. They are great to move when I need to - like to bring a tractor in or a load of hay. If you PM I will send you photos.

I think the side panels were like $40, and the gates $60 or $70. Well worth the extra for a nice 4' gate that works well!

I have panels for my stalls as well. It might not look quite as cute as some of the barns I see posted on here
default_wink.png
but they are portable and in a matter of minutes I can take a 10 x 10 take panel out and make them 10x20 by myself. I love that. Now that I have less horses every stall in my barn is now a 10x20 and it took me less then 40 minutes to convert it all. The horses can see eachother and even my stallion is in the barn with neighbors and he is fine and quiet even when the mare across the aisle is in season
default_smile.png

Hi All. I tried the panel way, but it didn't work for me and my horses. The boys were thru them and up over the top, some got out. I have several over division horses and the 38 inch panel are not tall enough, and from what I've seen start to fall apart after a few years. Big panels are impossible to find in 8 foot lengths. Thats why I thought more of a "mini box stall" like a big horse one would work better.

I have the big horse panels but they are 10 foot panels

I agree the short panels would not work for us. The panels we bought are 52" from the bottom to the top tube and work fine for even our shetlands. We have even put stallions next to each other in a pinch (hurricane etc.) and though they cuss thru the wire they can't get to each other.
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

As far as a picture, we are at the Frio river for a few days with the entire group of grandkids and kids, but when I get back I will try and get you some Carrie.
default_saludando.gif

Be Well,

Here's another solution. Not completely portable, but pretty close. Use mini panels or cattle panels for the stall fronts (and rears, if not against a wall) then for the dividers sink 4 X 4 wooden posts. To each post, attach a piece of channel iron wide enough to accomidate 2" wide lumber. You can then "drop" in the divider, one board at a time. When it's time to move, simply slide the boards up and out, take down the cattle panels, and load 'em up. You can even unscrew the channel iron and take it with you even if you don't want to dig up the 4 X 4's.

Hopefully, here's a sketch of what I mean. You can make the dividers higher or lower simply by adding or removing boards.

Pat

stalldivider.jpg

Latest posts

Back