Mini show halters: What do you think of this one?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For whatever reason that Royal King pictured looks much nicer than the one on the ebay link--I am familiar with the Royal King halters and do not mind them (though I admit that I would recommend their silver bar noseband over their colored noseband halters!) but that ebay halter does not look like the same construction. The beading on the cheeks is different on the two halters (ebay vs Royal King) and the ebay halters in those links have such clunky looking nosebands--the black edging on the noseband looks uneven and roughly stitched--the Royal King halters look much smoother.

I think that would work for a lot of people. I would replace the chain w/ one that is a finer guage (smaller links). I have a few of those kind I got to take photos with and they actually look pretty classic.

Thanks for each of your opinions! I'm still not sure though, I like the Royal King one better--it looks like its better quality, but the other one is cheaper. I'm only going to show Éowyn with year and maybe this year, and its just for fun. So I think I'll just stick with the cheaper one and I can always sell it and buy a better one if for some strange reason I decide to keep showing. (showing isn't strange, but I'm a barrel racer and I'm only showing Éowyn for fun this year while I'm training my horse) Thanks yall!

If you are going to be serious about showing, you have to be serious about your equipment. I agree with most on here, the ebay halter looks cheap. I've bought them in the past that looked just like that, and every one is gone - sold or thrown away. The JT Royal crown is a nice, inexpensive halter that doesn't look cheap. have you tried the Little Horse Barn? Or gone to the sale board and put a wanted ad up? I'll bet you could find a real nice used halter for a good price. With reasonable care, a good show halter will last for years and years, and worth a little investment.

I have noticed most of the low end priced show halters have painted beads, which will easily chip off leaving a unattractive clear bead, so if you choose one of them you will want to be careful how you handle it. The more expensive halters, usually are stones that are there natural color and will not chip off.If choosing a less expensive halter, you might want to choose one that has metal beads in silver or gold, they too might discolor but, not as bad as the painted beads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prob a little late in the game but I like the black. Simple and elegant. JMO
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back