Mini show halters: What do you think of this one?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Eowyn

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm finally ready to buy Éowyn a show halter. I can't go over $50, but I'd like something that will last.

If you have any ideas that'd be great =)

Here's what I'm looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Black-Patent-Large-Mini-Miniature-Horse-Complete-Show-Halter-Set-/130839552817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e76a52331&_uhb=1

Éowyn is 34 inches tall so I think she'd require a large? size. Her halter is a class B but I don't know what it is in terms of small, med., and large....

My show shirt is a tealish color in case any of you know where I could find a teal mini halter.

Thanks!

I have a couple of those halters , theyre strong and good value for money , I dont think you would find a stronger new one for that price , Ive also been after a teal Halter so if you find one would you let me know please
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I like the one with color so I would go for ones like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Large-Mini-Blue-Patent-Silver-Miniature-Horse-Show-Halter-Set-/130839553196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e76a524ac

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Miniature-XS-Horse-Patent-Silver-Black-Mini-Show-Halter-SET-/130830305117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7618075d

Also just because your shirt is teal doesn't mean your halter has to be. I would rather get a silver/gold noseband which matches the horse, then I dress to match the horse.

As for sizing MEASURE !! Heads can be shaped differently and at 34 inches they are between A and B.

I think purple would be my first choice, then the black, I don't care for blue on chestnuts. That's just my opinion.
default_smile.png

I would be careful of that - the construction doesn't look really great, jmo.

My daughter won a purple one of these several years ago as a show high point award donated by Herron Tack. It has held up very well. I don't care for the lead, I took it off and replaced it with a leather lead, but otherwise they are an excellent economy show halter.

I am going to say something really elitest now. You pay $29 you get a $29 halter- it may well hold up and, with a little "reconstruction" I have shown in cheap halters but, and it is a huge "but" they look cheap and they are cheap.

I understand you are on a budget but this has a big, clunky noseband that I do not believe will set off any head, and I know that, if you just do a bit more searching, you can find something better. Maybe it will cost a little more but it will be worth it.

OK I have had a look and, for whatever reason, I cannot get the Forum to let me put up the link BUT, same page in e bay and right down the bottom is a nice silver bead design halter, I think much classier, and not a lot more money. I am pretty sure it is the same seller, too, so not even taking trade away!

I suggest you check out South Forty Designs, she makes a really nice show halter for a very reasonable price and you can chose your color and design.

Thank you--purple sounds like the one ;) And stormy, I checked her facebook page--it looks like she has good deals, but I think I'm just going to buy one that already has the lead and chain and stuff--thanks though! =)

I bought one of these for weanling photos but I am not impressed. To me, they look cheap and forget about the lead. I threw that in the trash. I would suggest buying a better halter that is used. When showing a halter horse, the halter is important and should look professional. (my opinion)

I think I'm going to buy the purple one, and if It doesn't fit/I don't like it, I'll return it.

Purple is the main color for my barrel horse, Peanut, but I think it should look nice on Éowyn too. Thank you all! =) Or I could say

Thankyall ;)

That Royal King halter is the same halter. They are all manufactured by JT International.

Latest posts

Back