Mini Poll

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Meadow Miniatures

Reaction score
What colors do you focus on breeding? I focus on raising-

Golden Buckskin Pintos

Golden Palomino Pintos

Peach Dun Pintos

Red Dun Pintos

Zebra Dun Pintos

Yellow Dun Pintos

Grulla Pintos

What colors do you focus on breeding? I focus on raising-
Golden Buckskin Pintos

Golden Palomino Pintos

Peach Dun Pintos

Red Dun Pintos

Zebra Dun Pintos

Yellow Dun Pintos

Grulla Pintos
love to see some of your minis
default_wub.png
: We are just starting our business of minis. We love all colors. We are trying for pintos. We would like to raise a few appys in the future as well. We also have a few solid. Our family members all have their favorites is what I am trying to say. I love the pintos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am only FOCUSING right now :bgrin I have solids, chestnuts, blacks, bays, etc... But I love all of them the same! My website is www.geocities.com/highmeadowminis

I have a "thing" for black pintos! :bgrin

But I love all colors (palominos were my first love) We have almost all pintos, but a few solids.

Black, chestnut, palomino, bay. That's all I think.

We raise only pintos - registered with PtHA - but don't care what color they are. Conformation, temperament, movement, and bloodlines are more important - but they must be pinto! And I admit I like the black and white pintos, but I also love our gray frame overo! You can see them all on our website using the link below. (Our breeding stock are also registered with AMHA and AMHR).

I have to agree, we're just trying to focus right now!

Ideally, I'd love to focus on the creme dilutes and I think we've got a good start with Laci.

Co-owner and partner Mom prefers the darker colors-black and chestnuts-in pinto patterns.

...wonder who'll win out?

I too have a thing for black pintos, although as of late you would never know it.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Colors aren't a big focus for me but since they do make horses every day, I have been able to find ones that I love conformationally, on paper (pedigree) and in color. My favorite colors are silver and cream dilutes and most of my breeding and future breeding horses are one or both... I'm especially happy "colorwise" to own a few perlino, Buckeroo bred girls.

Stallions:
Erica's Echos of My Destiny (HOF)

a smokey silver black stallion I co-own with Erica Killion

Erica's Gone and DunIT

a grey-grullo stallion

Mares / Fillies:

Edgewood Skip To My Lou

a silver dapple pinto w/ sabino roan mare (hopefully in foal to DunIT above)

Harmony Hill’s Harvest Gold

a palomino dun mare (hopefully in foal to DunIT above)

Triple H Buckin Khaki

a buckskin mare (hopefully in foal to DunIT above)

Harrell’s Flirting With Perfection

a silver buckskin filly

Harrell’s Rowdys Reflection of Hope

a silver dapple mare with sabino spots (hopefully in foal to DunIT above)

Erica's Double Dipped

a perlino pinto mare (in foal to a buckskin Buckeroo son -- Erica's "Big City" stallion)

Erica's Sweet as Sugar

a perlino pinto mare

Erica's Big City Bomb Shell

a perlino filly

Little Wee Klassic Showgirl

a bay leopard mare

Fantasy Corral’s Secret Treasure

a palomino grey filly

SOLIDS.

I do NOT like pintos or appies. I can deal with the dilution genes.

My stallion is pinto, it's just terrible. A good horse is any color, he can trot like no other, that's the reason I have him
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Andrea

Color means absolutely nothing to me. Of course we all have our favorites but I have no use for a horse for just color alone.

I really like something other than solid white or solid black or pinto for showing as those colors are hard to get and keep clean. Give me a bay or silver dapple or silver bay any day for quick cleanup for the showring.
default_yes.gif
:

Angie

Andrea,

I'm sure plenty of people will gladly take that silly looking Pinto boy off your hands if you really can't stand his color.
default_wink.png
:

Silvers--silver bays & silver blacks--though we have plenty of non-silvers too. I generally prefer the solid colors--I wouldn't mind having 1 pinto but I wouldn't want a whole herd of pintos--and I like dark legs. Dark legs are so much easier to get ready for shows, as are dark horses in general.

SOLIDS.

I do NOT like pintos or appies. I can deal with the dilution genes.

My stallion is pinto, it's just terrible. A good horse is any color, he can trot like no other, that's the reason I have him
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Andrea
LOL Andrea, I have a few I could say something similar about. Like all of the blue eyes I seem to be collecting lately. Yuck. But like you said, a good horse is a good horse.

None,, I truely belive a "good horse has no color".

Now saying that,, I would like to find a couple of mini mares the color of a Fjord, that is..if they had the temperament and conformation I look for.

Color doesn't matter, but we're breeding for well conformed appaloosas and pintaloosas.. I do love a pretty buckskin though!

hmm I dont breed but I like all pintos

Latest posts

Back