MINI Float set

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamarack

Reaction score
Sunny went in Wednesday to be castrated. I asked the vet to check his teeth. He said they need to be floated but all he had was a big horse T-wrench. I have since found the whole set in a catalog and it is almost $500. :new_shocked: Should my vet be expected to buy one just to take care of my 4 minis? I'm in a very rural area but lucky enough to have a vet within 25 miles. Thanks ahead for your help.

Tamarack

My "new" vet just ordered a mini float set from some company up in Canada. IF your vet already has the basic set for big horses, they do not need to order the entire thing.

Round up more mini fok if you can locate any to make it worth their while. That might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be wary of the metal gags, not the speculums, but the metal things they put between the teeth to hold the mouth open. My dentist has told me that they if used incorrectly or if the horse fights them too much they could crack or break teeth. A mini sized speculum is whats the most expensive thing. You can find some cheaper but be careful of the quality, if its too cheap stay away.

Karen

Latest posts

Back