Mini Donk Housing Plans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are simple. I designed them and Dave helped me build them. They are 3 sided, 6'x9'x4.6'. They are made entirely of metal. The frame is 1" square tubing and the walls are the 3' sheets of pro panel (like the metal roof material). My minis all share the barns, 2 to 1. Of course, Kilroy has his OWN 6'x6'x4.6' barn!

shedbarn1.jpg

shedrow.jpg

The broodmares all have thier own 6'x9' barns. They are meant to be storage sheds but we had them leave the doors off. These are heavy, not the light weight ones you get at Home Depot or Lowes.

broodbarns.jpg

I have one other shelter to show. It's not the one I am the most proud of but it does come in handy. We basically "slapped it together" in a day back in 2000 (long story). The pen attached to this is about 15x30. The stall is 8x8. It's come in handy when we've had to separate a horse from the rest, and I even sometimes have put my big dogs in this pen, which is why we put chain link gates at either end (you can see one of them here). Tthere is also a really big dog kennel to one side of this pen -- that is what's on the right side of the photo... and you can see our big storage shed and then further back a corner of the hay barn.

Small%20Pen%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, Kilroy has his OWN 6'x6'x4.6' barn!
Nice set-up, minimule! thanks for sharing
default_smile.png

I have one other shelter to show. It's not the one I am the most proud of but it does come in handy. We basically "slapped it together" in a day back in 2000 (long story).
I like this one too, Jill
default_yes.gif
: Actually, as fast as time is passing, we may need to "slap one together in a day" too
default_wink.png
: Thank you again for the great ideas!

Latest posts

Back