Mini Breeder in Mass in 1997??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hylights

Reaction score
Last fall I got a mini mare (Silver Bay) from a family who had purchased her with her dam when she was a foal. They remember that they got her in or near stoughton Mass. Her dam was AMHA registered and a well trained driving horse. (they sold the mare a couple years later because they wanted to ride the filly and the mare was too small to ride)Her sire was also AMHA but they didn't get papers on the filly because she was going to go "over" her papers, which she has
default_smile.png
She measures 38" as a mini but is 38 1/2 to 39" at the top of her withers. She is Silver Bay and the only white she has is lacing down her back. They think she was born May 11th 1998 but my vet says she is 11 so it was probably 1997. Her name was Starlight and she may have come with that name, the prev owners can't remember if they named her or not?.

I would really like to know something about this mares breeding, where she came from? I am not interested in breeding her but really love her temperament and willingness and would like to find out some idea of her breeding. She is in training to drive and is doing very well.

Also I have been watching the WCMHR thread because I was thinking that I could show her if I registered her as a hardship through them.

There are shows for minis only 3 miles from my house and it would be fun to do the driving or trail classes with her. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks,

Amy

Amy,

Sorry i can't help you with who her breeder was but If you would like to show her here in Maine by all means hardship her into WCMHR. You can show her through the Maine Miniature horse club, Tiny Hooves miniature club and almost all the local show's and fair show's with that registry. You will be restricted if you want to show on a larger scale but it's better than no registry at all!

Hillary

Heck, you could show her this sunday, May 25th at the Maple E FUN show in Keene, NH. Papers aren't required and there are halter classes too. Linda

OHHH! I live near to stoughton. I know of two breeders, one in Sharon and the other in Foxboro. In sorta confused though. are you looking for the breeder? like, where she came from.

Hi,

Thanks Hillary, yes I live very close to the Cumberland fairgrounds (and since I grew up in the barns there with the standardbreds I consider it nearly my backyard
default_smile.png
)

I would like to be able to go there to show her, she is so much fun!

Thanks Linda for telling me about the Maple E fun show, I don't think we're ready quite yet for halter, this little mare was toed out and cow hocked when I got her, but she had spent years tied to a tree on 25 ft of rope, she is really building muscle and she loves to run as fast as she can at least once a day in my pasture, she has devoloped a butt and a chest and her legs now look much better, but as we continue to excerise I think she will get even better, is there a fun show later in the year?

here is a link to my trainers Blog, she blogged Sassy.

http://traineehorses.blogspot.com/

As you can see it is time for me to get the clippers and thin out some mane and forelock
default_biggrin.png

Hi Raindance, yes I would love to know where, what breeder, she came from, just would be fun to know what lines she's from.

Thanks!

Amy

How tall is sassy? she looks pretty tall unless the person ground driving her is really short. she's a really cute little mare
default_smile.png

Hi,

Sassy is 38" at last mane hair, 39 at top of withers. Robyn who is ground driving her is under 5 ft tall (maybe 4'11" ) and thanks I find her real cute too, which has made it hard for me to trim that unruly mop of hair she has, but I may attempt it this weekend
default_smile.png

Amy

You actually might find someone who may know something about your horse at the show. I know back about 15 years ago my daughter and I went to a show at Townsends and a lady came up and asked about the paint gelding she was riding. Turns out she knew him and his registered name as his papers were lost in a fire. So you never know. We would be glad to see you even if you don't bring a horse, just come and have a blast. Linda

Latest posts

Back