Mini Boots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecoach

Reaction score
Last weekend I went to a Pete Ramey Barefoot Trimmer clinic in Boise Idaho. I have a miniature that has chronic laminitis due to EMS. He put boots on his front feet, but Pete was not happy with the way they fit. I tried them for a while but they do not fit him right. I know on Best of the Forum, there are directions on how to make them, but my husband was not clear on how they were made.

His feet are just a 1/8 under 4 inches at the widest.

The boots helped him, so I really need to find something that helps this little guy! Any input sure would be appreciated.

Thanks Marla

I had a mare that had EMS and was so very lame that I could barely stand to watch her try to walk. Before the tennis shoe idea was posted on here, I used foam, like the kind used for the garden knee pad, and cut them the size of her foot and duct taped them on. It helped but was a lot of work to keep them on. When I saw the directions on here for the boots made out of kids tennis shoes, I thought it was a wonderful idea. I have never tried it though. I really can't give you any help on how they are made accept to suggest you go read the post about them and see who it was that posted the idea on there. If you can contact them, maybe they can help.

I guess I just wanted to post to say that I am very understanding of your situation. Our little mare was so very sick and unfortunately we got to it too late. The condition was progressed too far to bring her back to good health. I wish you all the luck and prayers for your mini. The tennis shoe idea would be a great savings!

I have a set of lightly used easy boots that would probably fit your boy. I just measured them at 4" on the outside. I recently bought them, but they are too large for my boy. I paid $50.US, plus shipping. If you are interested...just let me know.

Thank you so much for your offer. However, that is what they put on Cowboy - Easyboot Epics. But he is bruising on the back of his heel. So that won't work. I just might have to go the duct tape and foam route.

As far as the EMS goes we have been working on it for quite a while. But I just consulted with a Naturopathic Veterinarian and we are going to do a different regimel. If it works I will let the list know.

I did also contact the person who made the boots on the list, but have not heard from him.

Thanks for all your help.

Marla

Latest posts

Back