Need Tiny Boots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I need tiny boots… Yep, for Thunder 💕 I ordered and just received the Cavallo Slim mini 1, the smallest size they make, but they are still too big. He wouldnt fit in the Easy Boot either according to their size chart. I put his measurements into the Equine Fusion Boot with no results.

Does anyone know who makes a tiny tiny boot? I would like for him to wear them when we go roller skating and on the pavement. HELP!!! 🥰🥰

His measurements (in inches) are:
Both Front feet:
width= 2.25
length= 2.4
Both Back feet:
width= 2
length= 2.25

Those are some tiny toes Thunder is sporting! Would a product like Glushu be a possibility?

This is probably a really dumb idea but....if Thunder wore a sock, or a vetrap, would his hoof stay secure in the Cavallo boot?

I'd try the smallest size of equine fusion, I think the active top is what I have. I got Spirit last spring and he had foundered previously and was still sore. I ordered him a small pair but when I was waiting I put the other pair I have on him. His feet didn't even go half way but I thought it was worth a try. I was able to get the tops closed tight and the boots didn't budge, not even to twist all day on turnout. They say to put a sock over their foot if you need to get the tops tighter. And yes, he was much more comfortable in them!

I get my boots from Mindy at Chimacum (Chimacum Tack: Harness and Equipment from Mini-Draft) also!
both my boys use the Equine Fusion Active Jogging Shoe.
One uses the smallest size, the other one is one size larger.
As Mindy shows in her videos...I do use toddler socks on one of the horses so they get a good fit.

in the end, they fit great, are easy to put on/off, are extremely durable, and neither of my boys mind them at all (either puling the cart or under saddle with the grandkids)

If Mindy does not have any small enough try minitack.com they have leather "sneakers". I don't think they come as small as you need, but I think they are amish made so maybe they could special order???
Do you have a farrier? If you can't get boots and Thunder is sore, a good farrier can make shoes out of stuff called vettec (I think that's what it is) it's stuff that comes in a caulking gun dispenser and is applied in a bead around the bottom of the hoof like a shoe. It sets up like hard plastic and will last about a month. They need to be roughed up on the bottom for traction.

Last edited:
That's great! Do you have the dampening(dapening) pads in them? They are rubber and might be why mine didn't move, just a thought.

Thunder knows how to work the camera doesn’t he! 😊 That’s wonderful you found a fit for your little guy!

The boots look terrific too...very stylish!

Happy Trails! 🐎

Latest posts

Back