MINGUS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
I haven't posted many photos of Mingus recently, and since several people have asked, here he is. As usual, not the least bit camera-shy!

The first group of shots were taken by Leia (hobbyhorse) at our 2011 Beach Drive in September. Mingus is getting pretty fuzzy (for him), but he still looks pretty good (if he does say so himself...).

Just to show, geldings can still act studly! (If I can get permission from the other owner, I'll post the uncropped version of this),,,,,:

IMG_3948mingus-arched-web.jpg

We're working at getting on the bit...not quite there, but I love this shot. Please ignore the world's ugliest harness:

IMG_4062--mingus-behindbit-web.jpg

After a long, eventful day in the HyperBike:

IMG_4059-mingus-steps-out-web.jpg

I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille:

IMG_3944-wellhelllloooo-web.jpg

This one was taken by Bob Graham (carriage), also at the beach drive. I screwed up the color working on it before I calibrated my new monitor, so the color is a bit funky, but I'm being lazy...):

IMG_3922wheeeeeweb.jpg

This shot was taken a few years back by Daryl (BigDogsLittleHorses), but now I have it in my hot, little hands.

IMG_0643mingusbydaryl-web.jpg

...AND for good measure, a couple of very brief video clips shot by Daryl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love seeing those pics, Susanne...Mingus has ALWAYS been one of my favorites! So handsome, so 'horse' in looks!!

Thanks for bringing us up-to-date on this fine fellow!!

Margo

Such a CUTIE..Good looking Boy..I can't wait to start driving my boy..Your Hyperbike looks like a BLAST..

Sooooo handsome!!!!
default_wub.png
I also have a gelding that acts wicked Studly! He was gelded at a year or before and he will be 5 this spring. You're boy is something else, just love him!

I didn't see the video before, they are both awesome. Love the one where he runs up to the cameraman.

Great to see pics of Mingus again (and the videos). Looks like you both had a blast at the Beach Drive. He's such a good looking boy.
default_wub.png

Thanks for posting.
default_yes.gif

Next time someone asks me what my favourite colour horse is I will say "Mingus"
wub.gif
He is the best bay I have ever seen. Congrats he is gorgeous
wub.gif

He is absolutely beautiful. Love his color, the way he moves and his 'presence'. I would love to look out on a horse like that in my pasture every day, lucky you.
default_yes.gif

I was just thinking about him the other day and was going to bug you for updated pictures! You know how I've always been such a fan of his - talk about GORGEOUS!!! How old is he now? Lookin' good, my friend, lookin' good!!!

Liz N.

Thanks or the comments, everyone! For those who are not familiar with my Mingus stories, he has an amazing personality and is quite the character! He came to us as a rescue...someone considered him a throwaway. He used to be quite the naughty boy and can still be a handful, but driving is his job, and he loves it!

Liz, he is now 11 and gets better every year.

He is just beautiful
default_wub.png

I can't believe someone thought he was a throwaway
default_no.gif
At least he clearly has found his place now!

Well, he sure does look great, Susanne - thanks for posting the pictures! He really is magnificent.
default_wub.png
:wub

Liz N.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is absolutely beautiful. I do believe I recognize the nose in that first picture. Seen it before. It was a fun day at the beach as I sat and kept a certain puppy quiet and calm and watched everyone driving. They were having so much fun.

Now the horses get a rest as they would once again need flotation devices.

Back