milk testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole-DownUnder

Reaction score
Hi ALL,

I asked about this last year, and since i've had to purchase a new computer in the last few months, I have lost the relevent information.

Can someone please tell me what I need to get when it comes to using the pool testing kits and how I read the levels to know when a mare is close to foaling.

Thanks

Nicole
saludando.gif

Every kit a little different....but basically you want the Water Hardness Test to be the highest -- which is the calcium reading. And the Ph test to drop the lowest.

The calcium test's highest reading usually means the mare is ready to foal within 24 to 48 hours. The Ph test's lowest reading usually means foaling is within 12 hours.

MA

we use the pool strip and go by the ph level. it will spike way up and then when it goes down you know you are close. its been very accurate for us

Thanks Kay, i'll make a note for that too
biggrin.gif
. I'm picking up the tets kit today, as she only has about 2 weeks to go, and being a maiden, it could be any time, lol.

saludando.gif
Nicole

Thanks Debi, i'll be sure to share pics on your message board too, as i'm sure the ladies would love to hear from me and see my new addition.

Bye for now

saludando.gif
Nicole

Latest posts

Back