Michelle Dugger

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcody

Reaction score
I just saw that Michelle Dugger had to have an emergency c section. She was 25 weeks long. I believe they said she was having problems with her gall bladder that caused her to need the c section.

I hope all works out well for mom and Baby

Poor thing. This is the last thing she needs......I pray for her and her families strength at this time.

WHOOPS! while I still feel sorry or this family, I got the names confused and thought this post was about Jaycee Dugard (the kidnap victim

Last edited by a moderator:
I do feel bad when any parent has a child so premature, but my evil twin is thinking that after 17 kids, a good sneeze would probably send a 1.6 pound baby just shooting out of there!

I thought she said that after the last one that was it. She wasn't going to have any more. I don't think she knows what it is like to not be pregnant. I hope mom and the baby is doing well.

I do feel bad when any parent has a child so premature, but my evil twin is thinking that after 17 kids, a good sneeze would probably send a 1.6 pound baby just shooting out of there!

I have to admit I thought the same exact thing

I think they do a great job with their kids, but have to admit, I kind of hope the tubes got tied while they were in there. The poor baby was under 2 pounds, and she must want to do more then be pregnant.

Oh, I think they have a phenomenal family. There were only 4 of us and we are not as together as they are with their clan. I also hate to see a baby born so soon. I thought I saw that the baby is a girl. That is better for the baby because I have heard that boys do not do as well that premature.

I think it is wonderful how well behaved the kids are, and how they live dept free. I think they do so well raising their kids. But, I would think a time would come when it is time to stop having kids. Her age, the amount of kids she has had, maybe 19 is enough.

I think the decision to have more children or not is their business, not ours

Their children all seem quite well balanced and happy and cared for.

Who are we to judge others and decide how they should live their lives? I just don't get it. :arg!
default_frusty.gif

While I somewhat agree when you choose to have your children grow up on camera and make money from a reality television show.. you pretty much open your life and choices up for discussion and judgement.

No one knows how their kids are or aren't what you see on tv is not ever a full or real picture of anyone or anything on these types of shows but yes it appears all is going well with them - if they were not on tv then no one would know how many kids she has or continues to have so it was kinda their choice for themselves and their children to be judged and talked about for both the postive and negative

Jayne, this is not her 17th, this is her 19th. and after having so many healthy ones there is no doubt one would have a problem. i feel bad for them but with her in her 40s i think she is bound to have problem.

Wow, I heard she was hospitalized, but didn't know they had to go ahead with the c-section.

Prayers for her and her baby girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad for her and the family as my first son was born at 26 weeks. I know what kind of an up-hill battle lays ahead for that little one with the NICU stay and the complications that go along with being so premature. I also think that people need to give Michelle Duggar a break and stop harping on her about continuing to have children. She's made it through 18 pregnancies, 2 of those were multiples, and they were all full term (which is not the norm for multiple gestation pregnancies anymore!) If nothing else their situation with Michelle having to deliver at 25 weeks due to complications; which had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PREGNANCY ITSELF - it was her gallbladder that caused the problems - will bring more awareness to preemies and the March of Dimes.

This time, with the baby in the hospital and Michelle recovering from her surgery, is going to be extremely difficult on not only her but the whole family! I personally think that they need to have respect shown to them and not be judged for their choice on having children.

Back