Michael's Day

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Listen closely to the winds and hear the gentle whisper of an angel's wings in flight

Look far into the sky and see the shimmering stardust left behind

Close my eyes and clear my thoughts

and feel the love of my very own very real Archangel. His name is Michael.

He's not a thought, or a memory; he's still my son and he is still very real and alive to me. On September 1, 1987 I learned the true meaning of love that can never be tarnished or faded or lost. I didn't only give you life: Michael, you gave me a life of love I have never known could exist before you. You made me the person I needed to be. Thats how I go on.

(His killer was released in December of 2009)

mICHAELSREINDEEREARS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Marty. I wish you didn't have to remember this date. I can't believe it was four years ago. Four years! I will never forget the absolute horror I felt when I read your post title, "Michael was murdered." He was murdered, and it is a travesty and tragedy that a monster roams our street free, after he took out one of our angels here on earth. How can it be?

I just read on another forum, "If Karma exists, it sure doesn't work on a one to one ratio." I'm afraid I believe that to be true.

I am sending you hugs and love, Marty. I know you are sitting awake tonight, thinking and remembering, and crying, and loving your angel.

Here is a post I wrote to you, my friend, on June 11, 2006:

So many times you have reached out to our forum friends in times of sorrow with a beautiful poem you have written. When I lost my little foal last year, there it was, a touching gesture from you.
I have been so overwhelmed with grief for you today! I thought to myself what would Marty do if she heard of this happening to someone? Well, I think you would sit down and write a poem. Here is my attempt to do the same for you.

Crooked Halo

My angel has a halo, though crooked it may be.

He is someone special, especially to me.

His laughter, mischief, sparkling eyes,

Are part of me, you see.

Through years of fun and trials too,

Our love only grew.

Our little boy became a man,

A man so strong and true.

We watched him tumble his way through life,

So carefree did he seem.

Yet in his heart a love so big,

To share it was his dream.

To build a family farm on a special piece of land,

So many fence posts, shovels, tools, have felt his strong hand.

Blisters, hot sun, flooding too,

All he could withstand.

Oh yes, he was a cheater too,

The trouble it did brew,

The day he helped old granny

Get a BINGO, and from her table she flew.

Animals both big and small

Held our boy within their thrall.

Whinnies, nickers, barks, meows,

Brought smiles so big for one and all.

A firefighter he would be,

Run into burning buildings, set people free.

And when the flames weren't burning,

Save kittens high in trees.

His final chapter here on earth came all too suddenly soon.

Our boy was simply gone you see, one awful night in June.

Although not here in earthly form, his spirit will remain.

And that crooked halo is straightened now, over that blue moon.

Amy Lacy

June 10, 2006

Sending you all my love Marty, you just don't deserve this horrible, breathtaking pain.
And Michael: Blessed be.

gentle (((hugs))) to you, marty. while you will forever mourn, you also celebrate michael's life. you have been my inspiration.

Marty, I always think of you and Michael on that date and will never remember where I was and how I heard about it and how sick I felt for you.

I haven't heard anything about Michael's tree, did it survive the troubles you were having with it? I sure hope so.

Thinking of you and your family with much love!
default_wub.png

I cannot believe that poor excuse for a human being is already free. Hoping he somehow eventually pays for what he did to Michael and to you.
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

My dear friend Marty - No one could possibly know the feeling that a mother has for her child until they become a mother themselves. There truly is no other love that is so strong. Please try not to focus on the person that took Michael's life. He isn't worth one moment of your time. Grab on to all the beautiful memories of your son and reflect upon all the wonderful times you had together before he went to heaven. I just know you will find a smile or two along that path..........big hugs to you and you know I'm just a phone call away. Love ya! Hugs for Jerry and Daniel too!

I'll never forget logging on here that day and seeing the post "Somebody murdered my son Michael tonite" I don't remember anything ever making me hurt so bad for someone else, my heart broke for you Marty.

Someone gave this to my Aunt last year and I thought of you when I read it, I found it again and want to post it here

We are connected,

My child and I, by

An invisible cord

Not seen by the eye.

It's not like the cord

That connects us 'til birth

This cord can't been seen

By any on Earth.

This cord does it's work

Right from the start.

It binds us together

Attached to my heart.

I know that it's there

Though no one can see

The invisible cord

From my child to me.

The strength of this cord

Is hard to describe.

It can't be destroyed

It can't be denied.

It's stronger than any cord

Man could create

It withstands the test

Can hold any weight.

And though you are gone,

Though you're not here with me,

The cord is still there

But no one can see.

It pulls at my heart

I am bruised...I am sore,

But this cord is my lifeline

As never before.

I am thankful that God

Connects us this way

A mother and child

Death can't take it away!

author unknown

Bless you and give you peace on this day Marty. {{{{{Big Hug}}}}}

It is such a terrible memory. That punched in the gut feeling that seeing that title had on us.

I hope you know how many lives your family has touched. In true and positive ways. We are all thinking of you today.

4 years, hard to believe. I can also remember reading your post that night. We all knew Michael with the stories you shared of he and Dans silly antics. Then to read that he was taken from you..from us..the world. My heart just broke for what you, Jerry and Dan had to be going through. There was nothing I could say that could make your familys nightmare go away.

The photo of Michael and his little kitten will forever stay in my mind. Hold tight the wonderful memories and the silly stories...my favorite is "the trip to Wal Mart"...what a character!

Put away the thoughts of his killer..hes not worth a single minute of your time...

Please know there is always big hugs from Florida to you, Jerry and of course Dan. Let them know that Skiff and I are thinking of them.

hugs my dear friend

heidi

Dear Marty,

At the time Michael was so unfairly stolen from you, and even mostly now, I was a lurker. I didn't post, but feel I know so many of you so well from reading your posts. And even though you didn't/don't know me, I also remember reading the title of that post and feeling like the wind was knocked out of me.

You are an amazing mother and woman who continues to fight for her son, and also honor his memory. I have buried a niece and my best friend's daughter. Through God's grace, I still have my children. But just the thought of not having them with me takes my breath away.

You are a wonderful, courageous person and we remember Michael with you on this day.

Love and prayers,

Barbara

Marty- I wish my love for you could bring him back. I wish all the good and wonderful things you do for others could bring him back. I wish there was something anything I could do to take away your pain.

That topic is still so fresh in my mind. I remember staring at it dumbfounded thinking it all must be some terrible joke
default_no.gif
default_crybaby.gif
:CryBaby

That is a day many of us here will always remember- and will remember how helpless we felt and still do- to have a friend in so much pain and nothing we can do can fix it.

You are always in my thoughts- you are truly an inspiration to me. Your strength- your kindness, your humor Marty you are one of a kind and you and your family will be in my thoughts even more so today

Love you!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty {{{Hugs}}} Like everyone else here I remember reading your post that morning and being dumbstruck by it. I think you have done a remarkable job of channeling your grief and energy into productive outlets that honor Michael's memory. You have all my continued best wishes.

Jan

Marty - it seems like yesterday when you posted the horrible news... I cannot even begin to imagine your pain. I am so sorry...

Liz R.

I cannot even imagine the pain from the loss of a child. I too remember that awful day. Thinking of you and your family.

Hugs,

Carol

Marty, may God bring you comfort! I am the mom of two boys so I've often thought about you and your experience with your beautiful son and I can't imagine... I'm thankful for the person you are and thank you for sharing. I pray for your comfort and joy amid sorrow!

The brilliance of the love shared between you and Michael refuses

to be dimmed by death.

He continues to shine his love to you as you continue in the depth

of your love for him.

He will not be forgotten, Marty.

Marty-You are in my thoughts and prayers hoping that you can remember the good times and don't waste your time on the bad. Cherish your memories of Michael they will give you peace. Our best friend has had to bury both his children and I know the anquish he feels every day so my heart goes out to you!

Thinking of you and your family Marty...

I'm relatively new here, but Marty, as a mother myself - reading about this just brings tears to my eyes. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Its clear by these postings that you are loved, I hope you can feel all of that love today.

(((hugs)))

Cassandra

Sending sympathy and hugs to you and the family Marty.

Anna

Latest posts

Back