Merry Christmas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse Hugs

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone.

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who has taken the time to answer my posts here.

2005 started out as a very hard year for me but I really shouldn't complain since there are so many people going through so much worse than I ever have. Our business was set back quite a bit by hurricane damage just as we paid for 2 kids in college. My Dad was diagnosed with Lewey Body Disease (which is kind of a combination of Alzhemers and Parkinsons) and my Mom is falling apart with the stress. I have been traveling back and forth between NY and CA which has been really hard. My MS flared up bad and I decided it was best to sell my horses. With the kids both away at college and my husband traveling so much it was too hard taking care of them on my own. I ended up in the hospital a couple of times and I worried so much about whether people would feed them correctly and care for them that I knew it was time. My two older Dalmatians both passed away within a couple of months of each other. Then my cat got cancer and the Vet recomended invasive and expensive surgery and 2 months later she passed away also. So, I lost most of my pets, became an empty nester, had to come to the realization that my MS might put me in a wheelchair, cope with my Dad's illness, try to help my Mom long distance, and so I am glad I have had this forum to come to and get away from some of the stress.

Happy Holidays

Merry_Christmas_web.jpg

Wow hon you have had a heck of a year. You are always so bright and cheerful I'd never have suspected you were dealing with such a load. Wishing you many blessings and happiness and most especially continued strength in 2006. Merry Christmas to you too!
cheekkiss.gif

Sit down by the fire and hug a Sheltie- has to be the most cuddlable dog in the world,([SIZE=8pt]Hey look I just invented a word!!) [/SIZE]all that love in a tiny body and all that fur to bury your sorrows.

{{HUG}} for you, my dear, I hope you can see a way to sort things out in the New Year.
cheekkiss.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh, I have not been on the forum often, even reading and have missed a lot of posts evidently! I am so sorry to hear of the year you have had. I wish for 2006 to be much, much better for you and your family members! I have two folks in their 90's and a cousin that is 78 years old that had a stroke with a cerebral hemmorage I have POA for this year. I thought I was busy traveling all of 120 miles a day once/twice a week, but goodness you have made me realize others have it much worse. I did tour a couple days ago an assisted living place that also had an alzheimers/dementia unit. It was beautiful and how wonderful the care appeared to be. And safe for them. So thankful there are places available to care for our loved ones if necessary. Also we had the pleasure of meeting a young family and the mother has MS. They purchased a couple minis from us since the big horses are rather intimdating to her in her wheelchair. Her two young sons ride the big appys and her husband trains horses so she wanted to be in horses too! The minis do have something for everyone don't they?

You are going to be in my thoughts and prayers too. It seems I have been with you on Lil Beginings quite a while and have enjoyed your pics too. I think 2005 can gladly go on it's way and that 2006 will be better! Lavonne

2005 HAS been a heck of a year for you ... but I hope and pray 2006 will be so much better for you... Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Chris

Merry Christmas Horse Hugs! You've definitely had more than your fair share of tests this year. This year has been a challenge for us also. 2006 is bound to be better! May the coming year bring us all blessings and joy!

BTW, that is a wonderful box of doggies--they are beautiful.

Woooh we really hope you have a better 2006 you sure have been hit with a lot.

Have a wonderful christmas.
saludando.gif

My dear friend Sandy, I have been honored to get to know you this year, to meet you and your lovely daughter, to think maybe I helped alittle when you decided to give up the minis. You remember that when you come to NY again, I have a lovely extra room and would love a nice visit. You can hug and love on my kids. I'll reiki you if I can and maybe help your pain. Happy holidays to you and yours, Oh and you can bring your fur kids too! Debs

Thanks everyone. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining- just reflecting.

I love Christmas and I just want everyone to have a wonderful one and forget about every thing else for at least this one day of the year.

Deb, I would love to come for a visit this winter and play in some of that white stuff you have. I don't think my dogs will be coming, though, they are not very good travelers. Austin throws up in the car every trip we take him on
no.gif
and Mandy is scared of everything and shakes all over
wacko.gif

It sure doesn't feel like Christmas here. Its 82 out and I just finished trimming my roses.
biggrin.gif

I am so sorry that 2005 was so emotionally tough for you. Wishing you a better and better 2006 with lots of good news and happiness.

Back