Memorial Day Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dapper Dan and I will be driving in the Memorial Day parade on Sunday. I found a fun red broomstick outfit at the thrift store, so will put on my silver jewelry, red boots and a red silk flower in hair. Usually I go in vintage costume, but this will be a fun change. Also go with the red white blue theme of the parade. I have decorations for Dapper Dan and the cart I save from year to year, plus a flag holder for a large flag.

http://www.celebrationoffreedom.net/

Hope I can get some good pictures. Dapper Dan is very steady, not very prancy, so he doesn't usually look "showy" in pictures. Dusty is NOT ready for a parade
default_biggrin.png

Any one else have a parade coming up?

Sounds like fun. Wish we had something like that here. Have Fun!

The parade was pretty large--of course I did not see much of it. That is the bad part of BEING in the parade.

I had two grand daughters in the cart with me. None of the photos came out well so I will not share them
default_wink.png
The CHILDREN were photogenic but I can't say the same for Dapper Dan and me. I either had my eyes closed or my mouth open--sometimes at the same time...

I will share one float that we thought inspiring for Memorial Day:

www.cassphoto.com/freedomfloat.jpg

My sister brought her miniature horse also. We were the only little horses, but there were several full size carriages and buggies. I felt I made a nice presentation, being more aware of hand position and feet placement. Our little horses were very good ambassadors.

Good for you, Marsha! I'm sure you did a great job (as you always do
default_wink.png
). I wish we had stuff like that around here. We probably do actually, but it's hard to find the information online and the ones I have found require you to be part of a larger equine group or carry individual insurance and I have neither. Bummer!

Leia

That's sounds like great fun. We are planning to do the small town parade here on July 4th. Now I'm actually considering driving Jimmy in it. I'm going to drive him as often as possible between now and then to prepare and make sure we find any issues he might have. He's used to sirens and such so they shouldn't bother him. He loves kids so they shouldn't upset him and last year we were the only horse in the parade.

You're so lucky to live close to that one. Wish you had pics to post of you and Dapper Dan though.

Marie

freedomparade.jpg

It is amazing how hard it is to get a good photo. My sister is walking in this one, and her horse and cart are behind me, with dil driving. I see DD's caveson is not on correctly. Where did the phrase "picture perfect" ever come from! Mouth AND eyes open in this one.

Shortpig, I hope you get to do the 4th parade. Horses usually are very good. They follow what is in front of them well. The worst things are boys on skateboards zipping up beside you. Or unexpected float parts laying in the street. Dapper Dan also kept trying to sample all the squished candy in the street.

Thanks for the picture. In my opinion you guys look great. My God did you see me in the pictures from yesterday? Most of all you like you are enjoying yourselves and thats what is important.

Marie

Latest posts

Back