Parade today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister and I did the Memorial Day parade today with our little horses. She did the covered wagon again. We tied my new little mare on the back with a pack and she looked pretty cute! Dapper Dan and I carried the flag. We both took our little dogs. We got 2nd place out of the whole parade! $150!

Good thing I went behind the covered wagon as the lid of the graniteware coffee pot popped off, and the cow bells fell. We learned our lesson with the lantern and it made the ride fine this time. Next time we'll do the pot and bells better. We were going to put the pot on top of the mare's pack, but it was way too large and looked out of place.

Didn't get any really good photos. Maybe a spectator will send me a few.

How fun!!! Wish you had pictures also..I love parades they are so much fun and a good way for people to see that Minis are more than yard art...lol

I got a couple of photos. Interestingly, this is the 4th parade, in 3 seperate cities, where we have been positioned in front of fire engines. What's with that?? Our horses do not mind the sirens, but next time I might mention it to the parade organizers. The contrast between little horse/giant fire engine is kind of cool, though.

www.cassphoto.com/5-13marsha.jpg This is myself and Dapper Dan. Sort of a western theme.

www.cassphoto.com/5-13k2.jpg This is my sister driving her stallion John Henry, with my new mare behind with a pack. You can't see it in the picture, but the other side had a shovel in the pack. We're going to figure out something different if we use that again. She did very well; what a good girl. We are not sure if John Henry knew he had a mare behind him.

We both took our little dogs, and they were a hit.

Very Nice, I think the minis are always the hit around here, we have been right in front of the fire engine here at 2 parades? Whats up with that? Our horses did fine but some of the big horses would prance when the siren went off. You guys looked good!

Kelly

That is what makes me nervous of joining the 4th of July parade here. My daughter wants us to take Diva this year.

She does fine with cars, but sirens I don't know about.

That is what makes me nervous of joining the 4th of July parade here. My daughter wants us to take Diva this year.

She does fine with cars, but sirens I don't know about.
Amazingly, parade stuff doesn't usually bother the horses. When they get into the lineup, it becomes a sort of herd-thing, I think. The only thing I've seen driving horses be startled by is candy being thrown, and most parades don't allow that any more. Dapper Dan seems to enjoy parades. He loves soaking up all the "aahhhs".

Clown cars buzzing around them sometimes is distracting. If you decide to do a parade, ask them not to put you with the other horses. That can cause more trouble than anything. Big horses don't usually care for little ones, especially if attached to a cart. Get in with the antique cars, if you can.

Ok, now that has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I don't remember seeing any mini's in our July 4th parade. I may just have to change that, someday.

Latest posts

Back