Parade Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My sister, a friend, and I took our little horses to a parade in Mangum. It was their big rodeo event, so lots of horses. Some of the big horses were scared of us, so we had to be careful where we positioned our turnouts in the lineup.

Several people stopped us to ask about our carts, so hopefully some other little horses in our area will soon be on parade also!

This is the fourth parade for our friend and her horse Pharoah. He is getting where he rather enjoys his popularity in public!

The first picture is of Dapper Dan and me. I was sort of costumed like an early prairie woman. Dapper Dan is 15 this year. Notice his really nice ear bonnet!

www.cassphoto.com/mangum12marsha.jpg

Then my sister and friend were in western duds. John Henry is 16, and Pharoah is 17.

www.cassphoto.com/mangum12kathleen.jpg

www.cassphoto.com/mangum12barb.jpg

Way to go! You all look great
default_yes.gif

What fun! My 4yo DD was looking over my shoulder and really was happy and excited to see your pics, she loved your prairie woman outfit a lot and said that your cart looked easy to turn.
default_laugh.png
This is as we shortened the shafts on our jogger cart today so she must looking out for correct-length shafts now, isn't it funny how much kids take in without you realising!..lol

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Sounds like she is certainly a potential driver! What a good eye.
Rather! lol She is a clever little thing.

The horses all looked so cool,calm and collected, what a credit to you all

Love the outfit, Marsha. How fun to do a parade. The miniature horse people did one last year in Virginia City but I haven't heard anything about this year.

Some days I feel like my little guy and I could do a parade and some days, like today, I think it would be a disaster. I guess my little guy and I will have to keep working on it.

default_firstprize.gif
Just got a call today from the parade organizers and our miniature horses won the prize! (We didn't even know there was one!)

I heard there was a youtube of the parade, but could not find it. I did find this very old movie of the Pioneer parade in that town in 1936. Big difference between then and now with the entries and the crowd!!

Anyway, we were glad to know the judges and spectators enjoyed our little horses.

[/media]

You have so much fun with all your parades! I love it and must admit I'm a bit jealous. The only one we have around here is an Easter parade and I'm dying to do a Christmas one!

Love the out-of-control oxen team hitting the camera, the cool trick roping ladies, the antique car popping a wheelie and all the kids on their ponies. Love your fly bonnet too. Wouldn't it fit under your bridle?

Leia

congrats on winning the prize!!!

Latest posts

Back