Meet my new driving horse....a man with COLOUR!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
Well I never thought the day would come when an Appaloosa found its way into my heart but here he is! He came in for training and is just not going to leave!!! It breaks my heart to admit that the time for Willie to retire is fast approaching but this little guy is going to help with the transition. He reminds me soooo much of Willie in his younger days - full of spunk and thinks he is IT but sweet and willing at the same time. He is a lovely moving horse, very smart, not afraid of anything, light and airy on the front with a lovely, lovely trot. I am soooo excited to get him out in the Pleasure ring and on the CDE front. Anyway, without further ado, here is Polka-dot as my daughter has christened him:

Polk1.jpg

Polk3.jpg

Isn't he just the sweetest thing?
default_wub.png
He was not cooperating terribly well when I tried to get pictures of him trotting - kept ducking behind the trees and then blasting out of there
default_laugh.png
but I think you can see how pretty he can move.

Congratulations Lori, Looks like he is a very nice moving boy. He sure is colorful. It just proves a good horse can be any color and if you see something you like color or non colorful it should not make a difference in you getting a horse that would be what you want.Conformation, temperment, movement etc and color last in my book.

Congratulations!!! But you already know I love him.
default_wub.png
He is SOOOOO handsome in person. Spunky too! LOL Can't wait to see him driving. We'll have to take him up the road soon. That is a very pretty trot.

Where is his hair? LOL looks like summer there:)

I kindof new about this one, just didn't know he wwas staying
default_wub.png
Micky is going to be happy
default_wub.png

I know it'll be hard for Willie to slow down, but this spunky guy will surely make it easier! He is neat and built so nicely!

I really like him, CONGRATS Lori, Micky, Mack and Polka-dot!!

I'm not much of an appy fan either, but this guy is gorgeous!

It will be fun getting a new one trained up, enjoy him!

He's gorgeous. Congratulations. My husband has apps (big horses). I've always wanted an app mini. Maybe one day. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!

Oh Yeah
default_wub.png
....... How can u not love him?? Of course Im an appy fan and my res. Nat. ch. driving horse is an appy
default_rolleyes.gif
, So if u ever get tired of him send him to me
default_wub.png

I like the apps anyway and as they say, a good horse is never a bad color!
default_wub.png
What a pretty boy he is. Lots of presence there.

Keep us updated with driving pictures!

Leia

He is really, really nice. There is a gal here in the Northwest that drives a spotty boy in combined driving. He really catches the eye and moves so beautifully it completes the lovely picture. Your boy is very similar, I think you will REALLY enjoy him. Congratulations!!!

He's gorgeous, and I'm so happy you get to keep him! I know how much you liked him when he came in for training. He's just such a pretty pony! He's welcome to come down to live with Snow anytime, since you don't like Apps.
default_new_rofl.gif
He can keep Chris' spotted boy company when he comes home.

That is why I try not to say never.

Congratulations you said I could keep my colour?
default_wink.png

All my mares have appy in them now, and we started only wanting Pintos.

You just never know, change can be good.

Glen and I where not appys lovers, but look what we have now.

I will tell Terri, more competition in the colour classes?

You sure surprised us.

More info please?

His register name, or Pedigree, size, age ???? or did I miss something on another thread?

I guess you do not want to say? that fine, just wondering his breeding being their is alot of appys now in Ontario? wondered if he had any of our backgrounds in his bloodline?

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY different -- I like Micky's name for him -- it suites LOL

I was glad to see you said "Plesure ring" ET has always been alone up here in that class so it will be ncie to have another horse in it. Look forward to seeing him.

VERY different -- I like Micky's name for him -- it suites LOL
I was glad to see you said "Plesure ring" ET has always been alone up here in that class so it will be ncie to have another horse in it. Look forward to seeing him.
Actually that was the Pleasure Driving as in Carriage Driving at my Tri County Carriage club and OCDA and COPDA events Amelia
default_wink.png
Much as I love to show, I like to have a horse that I just plain ENJOY and LOVE. NO serious stuff. Jessie was a candidate I had in mind to become my enjoyable horse but he has done so well showing taking Canadian Champion each year and has so many grands to his name I figured I really should continue to show him in the sanctioned shows. He will drive there. Polk will drive on the roads and trails and at the shows for Carriage Driving. He certainly does have Pleasure action but I want him for PLEASURE - when I leave the world behind, take me and sometimes my navigator/friend Mack, my little trailer and ONE horse and go and enjoy myself competing at what I love to do!
default_laugh.png

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on my new LOVE!!!

Latest posts

Back