Meet "Miss Rita"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForMyACDs

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some photos of our new arrival long before now. Unfortunately, when I had time to take any photos we had awful weather and now that the weather is gorgeous I've been stuck working long hours (we're short-handed at the vet clinic as it is, and this week we're missing an extra employee).

Today I only had to work 10 hours (practically a day off compared to the rest of the week) so I got home before dark and was able to get at least a few photos. They're not great, but they're all I have for now. It's unfortunate that we didn't catch her at any good time in her movement because she has quite a trot despite being barefoot......far more than the photos show.

Meet "Miss Rita" our Hackney Pony:

250195265.jpg
250202983.jpg

250202984.jpg

250195268.jpg

I'm hoping to get "Rita" hooked up so I can drive her this afternoon. Her harness hasn't arrived yet. My other pony harness although coarse will fit her and I can use that. It's just a matter of whether my "new" cart will fit her (I suspect it needs larger wheels, but we'll see). I drove her before buying her and WOW is she a blast to drive!!

I drove "Einstein" yesterday (one of our grade ponies) and was pleased to find that he does know more than I suspected. He's actually more comfortable in the cart than he is with just everyday handling. I can see that he's one that's happy to be "working".

Unfortunately, "P" (the other grade pony) knows less than I expected or was told (I would consider her harness broke but with limited training in steering or stopping....pretty typical of "amish broke" around here) so she'll be ground driving for a while before we even consider testing her cart knowledge.

Latest posts

Back