Meet Dolly...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
I got up to a cute little filly yesterday morning, Caddy did it all by herself. Foal was up and moving when I got to the barn. She had to wait for one of the coldest nights we've had in quite awhile. Mom and filly are doing fine, so far (I can relax a little bit now, as we've gone at least 24 hours, I lost the colt two years ago just under 24 hours). Hard to measure a moving target, but I got about 19-20" tall. Not sure on color; we have blue eyes, and she looks to be either pale palomino or a double dilute; she has a large star on her forehead that is hard to see, but I know I saw it. [Oh, and she's wearing two blankets due to the damp chilly weather.]

She was bebopping around the stall this morning waiting for mom to get up for breakfast.

Pictures taken yesterday morning, I'll get more after we warm up a little bit and they can go outside.

She'll be registered AMHR and I plan to name her "He11 Coulee Paper Doll" (AKA: Dolly).

She's a fiesty little thing with a bit of attitude.

Caddy%20foal%20-%20June%207,%202009.jpg

Caddy%20foal%20-%20June%207,%202009%20-%201.jpg

Neither picture is that great, but with the wet weather, it'll be a day or two before I can try for better ones.

Sire: "He11 Coulee TTTs Paper Mache" 31" silver buckskin.

Dam: "Lucky Harts Caddy Queen" 35" palomino mare (Lucky C Farms Robby X Rowdy granddaughter).

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the safe arrival of a healthy foal! She's pretty
default_wub.png

Congratulations on your pretty filly!

Stewie says to tell ya he
default_wub.png
her.

Congratulations on your healthy LIVE filly. I woke up this morning to the complete opposite so be very thankful you didnt have any trouble. She sure is a little cutie pie...

Congratulations on your filly!! She looks like a cremello to me!
default_yes.gif

Chanda, she is precious precious precious!!!
love0034.gif

That blankie is perfect on her, too
love0075.gif

My hunch is you got baby pinky (double dilute) on your hands
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Chanda, she is precious precious precious!!!
love0034.gif

That blankie is perfect on her, too
love0075.gif

My hunch is you got baby pinky (double dilute) on your hands
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif
Jill,

Thank you. And, I think you're right, she's a pinky. Boy, does she have a huge attitude. I ran to town this morning, and it warmed up some while I was gone, so I took her blankets off when I got home; she backed up to her mom and let her have it with both barrels.
default_new_shocked.gif
Such a little cutie and I hope the weather stays a little nicer, so I can try to get them outside for a little bit, soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for the compliments and congrats on Dolly's arrival.

Congratulations on your pretty filly!
Stewie says to tell ya he
default_wub.png
her.
Dolly thinks Stewie is pretty special too.
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

Chanda,

I am SOOOOO excited and happy for you! She is adorable.

Che' and Caddy did super!!! :)))

Susan O.

Chanda,
I am SOOOOO excited and happy for you! She is adorable.

Che' and Caddy did super!!! :)))

Susan O.
I so agree, Che` and Caddy did super; Dolly is just a Doll.
default_laugh.png
I'll repeat the breeding, but I think I'll wait til next year. [we'll see, I may change my mind.]

Latest posts

Back