Measuring under/over seems so

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what's kind of weird about me on this subject... I wouldn't mind if a NICE horse was "over" whatever height... but on the other hand I personally wouldn't own/breed it. I guess maybe I just couldn't deal with the guilt. My mare had AMHA papers, but the breeder told me she would go over (and she did by about an inch) so I never even bothered transferring the AMHA papers. I just wouldn't do that.

However, I am liking these AMHR/ASPC horses and have heard a lot of breeders saying their AMHR/ASPC stock is over 38" and that doesn't bother me... I figure these horses are still kinda "rare" and as long as the stock is QUALITY then it will help proliferate the stock... does that make sense?

To each his own I guess! I like to travel the honest road most of the time...

Andrea

Andrea, I totally understand where you're coming from and I am the same.

I would rather play totally above the board with all my own stuff, yet I would likely use a stallion I knew to be a little bit over, with some certain restrictions, as long as he were truly "it."

Interesting responses....

Liz M.

Okay this is somewhat off the subject, but how come AMHR stopped at 38", why not 39". ? Just seems kinda silly not to include the 39 inchers, they have no where else to go because honestly, they are too small to be competative as ponys.

Latest posts

Back