Me and my 30 yr old Grand Prix Jumper (retired) TB

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
......When they whinny my heart flutters....Since I can't ride anymore, I spend as much time with them as I can. Art is just amazed that I can handle all 1300 lbs of him..No one believes us when we tell them he just turned 30. I guess this is what the good life will do for them. We just had him vet checked, vet said he has many more GOOD years ahead of him. We have to two older guys checked 2x a year, preventative medicine...He was a Grand Prix Jumper till he was 12, then when he was about 15 Art started him in Barrell Raced and did Pole Bending with him for 5 yrs.. He always placed in the top 3. He had been a trail/pasture pony for the last 10 yrs. I just love him to pieces!!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Here we are, these we taken today..

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He's looking great for his age, and your looking great yourself. Its nice to see you on the board again. Nice pictures.

Dan

Wow, he looks absolutely amazing, and nowhere near his age at all!! I loved the video...he's just gorgeous!
default_wub.png
We had a QH go to 39, so I bet your guy has many more good years in him. You are obviously a very special person for taking such good care of him...I have so much respect for people who take care of their old ones instead of selling them off to who knows where.

Boy oh boy, my heart flutters too...you both look amazing. The second picture just shows how much Arizona loves you too!! Thanks for sharing, Heidi

He sure doesn't look his age (wish I could say the same about myself).
default_wink.png
And I agree, it's nice to see you looking so well yourself.

He looks fabulous, a tribute to your good care and love. Hope that you feeling good today. I think of you so much!

Robin

OH!!! Thanks for sharing! And yes, you can tell he loves his 'mommy'. Great to see you both here, and I hope he has many more years for you too. He is in great shape for an old guy!!!

You both look amazing! Thanks for the picture brightened my day

You both look great together -- what an awesome pair!!! Thanks for sharing!
default_wub.png

Liz R.

Theresa, the two of you couldn't look better! I burried my first two biggies in their mid 30's. The two of you absolutely look like you have a LONG TIME LEFT together!!!!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Joyce

Theresa- he looks wonderful. It's great to see a horse at that age looking so good. That's a testament to the wonderful care you and Art give him.

I think you're looking great too - keep it up.

Oh yeah - have to say, would love to see some pictures of Dreamer.

Barbie

Its wonderful to see you Theresa. Your big ole boy looks fabulous. He is so sleek and shiny. Glad to see you out with your furfamily. Take care dear.

What great photos, Theresa! Both you and your grand old horse look FABULOUS...I would NEVER have guessed that horse to be anywhere NEAR that age; look at those clean legs! It is a fine tribute to good care, and I'll bet, to letting a horse become mature before he was asked to do hard work.

Kudos and congrats to you for your wonderful stewardship as owner!

Margo

Thanks Guys
default_wub.png
He is such a sweetie. Most people that meet him are intimidated by his size. Not to many TB's around here. QH country here! Our farrier is always asking us how much would it take for him to have a new home. I tell him he can't afford him because he is priceless to us. As far as his "working" life goes, he started jumping when he was 7. So he had plenty of time for his knees to settle. And I am a fanatic about horses legs. But he is definately one of those horses that NEEDS a job! When we moved here in 2001, we had a heck of a time keeping him from jumping fences
default_wacko.png
But he eventually settled in to his well earned pasture life. He is still high-strung. When we did ride, it is a chore. He is not the type of horse that you can take a stroll down road and relax with. You have to read his body language constantly. After awhile on the trail, he does realize that he out for fun, not work and he relaxes and enjoys it. Here are a couple of pictures of him and Art in the last summer of his barrel racing with the South Florida Barrel Racing Association in Plantation, Florida August 2001 and Pole Bending in 1997. He placed 2nd with a time of 15.6 in barrel racing and I don't remember his time in p.b.....he was 20 yrs. old in these pictures. Our other full size horse retired as a header in a head and heel team..When we put him to pasture he thought he was in heaven. He has never looked back
default_biggrin.png
he settled right in to the "good life" of no work and all play!

Barrel Racing...

ArtandArizona2001.jpg

Pole Bending...

Arizona1997.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He looks fabulous! And so do you!
default_wub.png

I hope I get to feed your big (and little) kids treats again this year!

Latest posts

Back