McCain & Obama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitney - When I said how many vehicles we had - I by far did not mean I was rich. I can tell you it is EXTREMELY hard for me to beleive that Obama only has one car unless they have chauffers ( which as I stated I would love to have).

In my oppinion "IF" Obama has one car it is by choice not because he can't afford it.

OH, and Jill - I love your home - sorry, off topic.

It matters how many houses because if you make your stance that 'you are an average Joe' , then you need to hold that up.
I don't think any one who's done what McCain has done for his country is an Average Joe. He is a National hero.

So that makes him what, special?
Did you seriously just ask that as a follow up to my remark about John McCain being an American Hero????? Regardless of if you think he's who should be the next US President, I cannot relate to you not understanding that his service to our Nation and conduct as a POW was absolutely heroic. How is THIS not special???

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/2008/0...on-account.html

Good one Jill, love how you take a snippet of what I said and twist it to what you need to say. If you had actually read what I said and not read INTO what I said, your point would be moot. Your complete insinuation that his being a POW makes him 'more' than anyone else is rediculous. His use of having been a POW as a talking point on how he can relate to everyone, is rediculous. Its a political ploy. He isnt worth anymore than the millions of GIs. And his being a POW doesnt make him more worthy of being a President. Now make sure you actually read what I wrote, and dont read into it what you want.

Neil's car was made in Canada....I have an even sadder story.....my truck was made FOR driving in the California desert, where it is very hot, yet it was sold here in Canada. A Canadian prairie winter is very different from California's desert temperatures...and certain things don't hold together well when it gets down to -40 (or not even that cold!!) The rad, for instance, leaks like a sieve when it gets that cold. In cold the plastic side tanks contract...and seperate from the aluminum rad...and then it leaks. If I were driving in the desert all the time, no more leaky rad.
default_wacko.png

Yes, I know this is off topic, but it seems it is better that way!
default_rolleyes.gif

Not that I think any of this is all that relevant, but I would imagine there are a LOT of folks that live in our cities that do not own vehicles.

I never even knew I was an Independent until I saw how completely insane these threads can get with the "my party is better than your party" crap.

:DOH! :DOH! :DOH! While a POW, John McCain turned down release because he wouldn't allow himself to be freed when there were other fellow POW's who'd been there longer. For this valor, he was treated much more cruelly than the other prisoners. He was a POW for 5.5 years.

Maybe you are ill informed and didn't know the above?
default_unsure.png
Because McCain was more than a POW, although they all deserve respect and deep gratitude for the sacrifices they made for our Nation.

Like I said, I don't care if you think he's fit to be President, never said that's all you needed in order to be President (as if that's all McCain's got...), but I cannot fathom that you wouldn't find him to be a hero
default_unsure.png

And I won't even get into how McCain's Patriotism and love of our Nation contrasts to that of Obama. Wow
default_no.gif

Your complete insinuation that his being a POW makes him 'more' than anyone else is rediculous. His use of having been a POW as a talking point on how he can relate to everyone, is rediculous. Its a political ploy. He isnt worth anymore than the millions of GIs. And his being a POW doesnt make him more worthy of being a President. Now make sure you actually read what I wrote, and dont read into it what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Kids,

I may be sticking my snoot where it doesn't belong........but I think I speak for most when I say: Remember, this is just a discussion, not a life or death topic. THIS is why we live in America.....so we CAN have civil discussions like this.
default_wacko.png

Lets all remain friends, I know it is hard at times to take things with a grain of salt...but we are all adults and none of us are going to "chage sides" politically. We would like the other person to, but it AINT GONNA HAPPEN.
default_wink.png

Can't we all just be friends?
default_yes.gif

I was raised with a WWII Naval Capt for a GF. He instilled in me that while our fighting men and women are fantastic, they do not deserve special treatment. In his generation they did their duty to support their country, not to use their duty to endorse celebrity. Yes, McCains service is valorous and wonderfull, but that doesnt make him special or worthy of election solely because of that. Nor does it make him right in everything that he does. His being a POW doesnt negate his being part of the Keating 5. It doesnt negate his use of Lobbyists even though he claims to now be against them. And on the list goes.

I never, ever once said he wasnt a hero, I said it didnt make him SPECIAL. There is a former POW up the road from me. He is a scam on the system. Never forget one time I heard him pitch a fit at a store because there wasnt another cart for him to use and with him being a POW, he deserved one, he was legally blind and unable to walk. On the way home, he was out digging post holes and running a backhoe. My point is, if McCain is so deserving of a vote just because he is a POW, maybe I should get this guy to run as well. And DO NOT put words in my mouth, I am not comparing them, just the use of POW as it applies to either. Nor does it make him a Patriot over someone else. At least not being a POW in and of itself.

And Jill, what about the discussion about how many homes Kerry had a few years back? Werent you in on it ( if you werent, fine)? If you were, why was it ok to bash him about it, but then make excuses for McCains ownerships?

Pepi --

My point has never been that John McCain's significant selling point is that he was a POW. His actions while he was speak to his character and are what, to me, makes him a National Hero. There are many different things that make him the best choice to be our next President.

Honestly, I don't recall any thing nor any personal feelings about John Kerry's real estate holdings. Not surprisingly either because I find him to be a pretty uninteresting and unmemorable figure.

Let me also say that I don't feel I've made excuses for John McCain's real estate holdings or the vehicles he owns. I may have explained why I think there's not anything about these things to be ashamed of, but that's not the same as making excuses. An excuse implies there's something wrong or shameful.

What a stark contrast McCain's service to our country and patriotism are to Obama's 20 years of with the racist, anti-American Rev. Jeremiah Wright as is personal spiritual and moral leader, and his friendship with former terrorist William Ayers. Obama's unwillingness to demonstrate respect for our flag. Obama's lack of pride for our Country...

Jill

What a stark contrast McCain's service to our country and patriotism are to Obama's 20 years of with the racist, anti-American Rev. Jeremiah Wright as is personal spiritual and moral leader, and his friendship with former terrorist William Ayers. Obama's unwillingness to demonstrate respect for our flag. Obama's lack of pride for our Country...
Jill
Jill I am glad that you brought this up...as so many people just might not know!

Although I am for McCain/Palin...
default_smile.png
speaking of Terrorist William Ayers, He sure was.

Airing the Ayers-Obama Connection- This article is a good read. Read it all... I knew there was something about Obama I didn't like. How can anyone vote for a man that has Terrorist connections? Ayers even told the New York Times as saying: "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough."
default_no.gif
Thats like putting a wolf incharge of the sheep. The sheep being the good Ole U.S.A. JMHO

Airing The Ayers- Obama Connection

And Rev. Pfleger, Frank Marshall Davis, Farrakah, Saul Alinsky, Rezko and his friends and so goes on

Did you hear on O'Riley interview

O'Riley asked him " Do you have right wing friends?" Obama said: " Yes, um um um um .........yes, um...."

O'Riley said:" Tell me just one" No answer came just laughter

Ayers-Obama Connection. Thanks Southern Heart. Interesting reading. I said right from the start there is something not right with Obama and I still maintain that. I can't quite put my finger on it. I really think the whole American people are being set up by him and his cronies. We are all going to be in a world of hurt if Obama gets in as our next President. JMHO

McCain is what - 25 years older than Obama? He thus has had far more years of "service".

There was no disrespect for the flag - even the GOP knows that and has dropped it. I would provide the usual links to factcheck.org or snopes to PROVE that but I think that is a waste of time as some simply will not read them. They only want to know their truth about some issues - not necessarily the truth - but that is normal for many in this political sparring..
default_no.gif

Both McCain and Obama have flip-flopped on issues... and with McCain caught out about his lobbyist and Fannie Mae connections - I guess many will just ignore it.

You shouldn't.

When Bill Ayers was with the Underground as a radical - Obama was a child - so I doubt that he was in there helping out. And decades later - if they were working towards the same goals in the community - "guilt by association" is nonsense. Is McCain guilty by association with a long list of people who might have done things in the past? No. The Ayers thing has been gone over ad nauseum for months - and now it is front and center again as it seems to be the pet project of one columnist... whatever. If some of McCain's connections throughout the past were examined with that same degree of scrutiny - I am sure that there would be issues there as well.

Rev. Wright. You know - I sat in chirch for 20 years and never became the person that minister thought I should be. Was Obama out there stumping for Rev. Wright? Never. Rhetoric does not a belief sytem make... but Rev. Wright has proven to be a lot more about grandstanding than spiritual issues. Have we ever heard Obama spout the same kind of nonsense that Rev. Wright resorted to in some of his over the top sermons? No. Nor would we. But Wright was likely not the best choice to note as being a spiritual advisor due to his affection for bombastic, incendiary rhetoric... so yeah - Obama shoud have disavowed him long ago IMO...

Fingers need to point BOTH ways... and that is what grieves me about the whole election process. Some get upset about Palin being trashed - and yet found it perfectly acceptable to treat Hillary the same - or worse.

Everything Obama/McCain says is perfect - and everything Obama/McCain says must be wrong or proof of something evil. It goes both ways.

For instance - OF COURSE whoever the next President is will have a tax increase... the huge deficit that the past 8 years has thrown us into needs to be dealt with... and yet I am sure that will be held up as an example of some politican's lies. That is a no-win situation for whoever inherits this mess... as is thw war in Iraq. No matter what they do - it will be seen as the wrong choice.

Politics needs to be more like Centered Riding. You need to look at things with "soft eyes" ... noting everything in the area that could be problematical or that you need to be aware of, taking it in and processing it... instead of "hard eyes".. only looking straight ahead and being unaware of what is happening in your surroundings and how such events may affect you.

Simplistic views, amybe - but what would be a refreshing change it would be if we examined all the issues and candidates with the same degree of intensity... and no one got a free pass or had things overlooked...

So I guess I am kind of like factcheck.org... and feel everyone should be scrutinized - by all of us. From all sides of every issue.

Np email fables... no rhetoric.... no partisan stretching of the facts... and commercials that stick to issues an solutions instead of personal attacks.

Yeah - I know I'm a dreamer...
default_no.gif

John NcCain is right - even if it is a bit of showboating (DUH! - and yes I would say the same thing if Obama had said it first) - they should call off Friday's debate and get back to Washington to like.... do their jobs... in the face of the economic bailout.

McCain is what - 25 years older than Obama? He thus had had far more years of "service".

There was no disrespect for the flag - even the GOP knows that and has dropped it. I would provide the usual links to factcheck.org or snopes to PROVE that but I think that is a waste of time as some simply will not read them. They only want to know their truth about some issues - not necessarily the truth - but that is normal for many in this political sparring..
default_no.gif

Both McCain and Obama have flip-flopped on issues... and with McCain caught out about his lobbyist and Fannie Mae connections - I guess many will just ignore it.

You shouldn't.

When Bill Ayers was with the Underground as a radical - Obama was a child - so I doubt that he was in there helping out. And decades later - if they were working towards the same goals in the community - "guilt by association" is nonsense. Is McCain guilty by association with a long list of people who might have done things in the past? No. The Ayers thing has been gone over ad nauseum for months - and now it is front and center again as it seems to be the pet project of one columnist... whatever. If some of McCain's connections throughout the past were examined with that same degree of scrutiny - I am sure that there would be issues there as well.

Rev. Wright. You know - I sat in chirch for 20 years and never became the person that minister thought I should be. Was Obama out there stumping for Rev. Wright? Never. Rhetoric does not a belief sytem make... but Rev. Wright has proven to be a lot more about grandstanding than spiritual issues. Have we ever heard Obama spout the same kind of nonsense that Rev. Wright resorted to in some of his over the top sermons? No. Nor would we. But Wright was likely not the best choice to note as being a spiritual advisor due to his affection for bombastic, incendiary rhetoric... so yeah - Obama shoud have disavowed him long ago IMO...

Fingers need to point BOTH ways... and that is what grieves me about the whole election process. Some get upset about Palin being trashed - and yet found it perfectly acceptable to treat Hillary the same - or worse.

Everything Obama/McCain says is perfect - and everything Obama/McCain says must be wrong or proof of something evil. It goes both ways.

For instance - OF COURSE whoever the next President is will have a tax increase... the huge deficit that the past 8 years has thrown us into needs to be dealt with... and yet I am sure that will be held up as an example of some politican's lies. That is a no-win situation for whoever inherits this mess... as is thw war in Iraq. No matter what they do - it will be seen as the wrong choice.

Politics needs to be more like Centered Riding. You need to look at things with "soft eyes" ... noting everything in the area that could be problematical or that you need to be aware of, taking it in and processing it... instead of "hard eyes".. only looking straight ahead and being unaware of what is happening in your surroundings and how such events may affect you.

Simplistic views, amybe - but what would be a refreshing change it would be if we examined all the issues and candidates with the same degree of intensity... and no one got a free pass or had things overlooked...

So I guess I am kind of like factcheck.org... and feel everyone should be scrutinized - by all of us. From all sides of every issue.

Np email fables... no rhetoric.... no partisan stretching of the facts... and commercials that stick to issues an solutions instead of personal attacks.

Yeah - I know I'm a dreamer...
default_no.gif

John NcCain is right - even if it is a bit of showboating (DUH! - and yes I would say the same thing if Obama had said it first) - they should call off Friday's debate and get back to Washington to like.... do their jobs... in the face of the economic bailout.
I beg to differ..watch the "radical connection" video..

http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/index.html

Makes me feel so frustrated with some people that they either don't care enough to learn about / dig into Obama's background and shady relationships or they know and they think it's okay to have these kinds of moral leaders and terrorist friends... you do not look up to and befriend those kinds of people if you do not hold similar beliefs and feelings
dont-know.gif

Makes me feel so frustrated with some people that they either don't care enough to learn about / dig into Obama's background and shady relationships or they know and they think it's okay to have these kinds of moral leaders and terrorist friends... you do not look up to and befriend those kinds of people if you do not hold similar beliefs and feelings
dont-know.gif

Jill - it frustrates me when people assume that just because someone may not agree with them about everything or accepT that everything that is dished out is a fact when it can be easily checked... or does not buy into all the rhetoric at face value... that "they do not care enough" or have not checked into things. You proved that you did not actually even read or care to understand my post.

I do pay attention. I do read. About everyone - and not just the partisan, carefully crafted stuff. And I never have blinkers on. I criticize everyone. I may lean left - but no one gets a pass with me. I have shown that in many discussions. I have used factcheck and snopes to show when McCain has had crap spread about him as well - on many boards.. but you "know" that I do no not "care enough to learn"? Okey-doke.

And believe it or not Obama claims HE SAID IT FIRST. Fox news. 2:15 cst
I did not see that noted anywhere yet - but to be honest - who cares who said what first??!!
default_new_shocked.gif

It is stilll calculated grandstanding and showboating to make such announcements - even if it is the right thing to do... no matter who does it!

ISSUES like the economy and the war should be the focus.... not the personal bashing odf each candidate. REAL ISSUES.

Without talking about any specific posts that have been going on and on and on about your soon to be election I am absolutely amazed as an "outsider" (non-american) to see the what is transpiring on this forum. I have a question - do you care at all about any of the issues without starting the rah-rah
default_deadhorse2.gif
stuff? The economy is going down the toilet big time and I don't see a serious debate about that. Does the economy in the U.S. not touch each and everyone of you? it touches many other countries so those of you who say that we in other countries have nothing to lose or gain by your elections need to open your eyes. I am truly shocked that we have threads about "how many cars".... and other ridiculous things. Heaven help us all.

Without talking about any specific posts that have been going on and on and on about your soon to be election I am absolutely amazed as an "outsider" (non-american) to see the what is transpiring on this forum. I have a question - do you care at all about any of the issues without starting the rah-rah
default_deadhorse2.gif
stuff? The economy is going down the toilet big time and I don't see a serious debate about that. Does the economy in the U.S. not touch each and everyone of you? it touches many other countries so those of you who say that we in other countries have nothing to lose or gain by your elections need to open your eyes. I am truly shocked that we have threads about "how many cars".... and other ridiculous things. Heaven help us all.
Well Danielle..would you care to explain to us just what is going on with the economy? Maybe than we can have a discussion
default_wacko.png

You can be as flippant as you want, there seems to be a theme of that kind of behaviour in many threads here. I am just going to hope that the majority of Americans are looking at the issues and finding out what each side has to offer in order to make a non-biased INFORMED decision instead of wasting their time on the most trivial and ridiculous things. And I certainly hope that your election goes a certain way for you, that who you want to be elected does in fact become President because if he doesn't your comments in here are going to look pretty pathetic.

What works for me is to not give the Canadian argumentor's opinions any more weight than they'll be getting on November 4
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back