McCain & Obama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my husband and I have 3 vehicles - we did have four, but just sold one this weekend. So, a two family household with one vehicle is extremely hard to believe.

Before our kids got older we also had their cars in our names. So, at one time we had 6 and we are not rich.

One vehicle in a household is just unbelievable for me for someone that has money.

Although, I would love to have a chauffeur- wouldn't that be great? I know I would love it!

Last edited:
I don't see where the number of cars a candidate has would be an issue as to how they run a country. I would rather hear about real issues myself.
default_aktion033.gif

At the risk of really endearing myself to everyone, I could understand McCain's initial reply about the number of houses he owns. How many horses do I own? Give me a minute, because I'd have to count... and these are living beings that I love and handle daily
ashamed0005.gif

What I thought was if they own rental / investment properties -- that can be a number that fluctuates. My family has owned a dozen or so at one time and I know there'd be times where there'd be a pause before an answer...
confused0006.gif

But I guess we don't want a President who's been too materially and financially successful in his own life??? "Whatever."
indifferent0014.gif

For those of you who want to know about the issues and things that really matter --don't wait for important things to be spoon fed to you or until just before elections to become informed. Studies show that most voters get their "information" from the political campaign commercials -- pretty disgraceful if you ask me
confused0036.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We only have one vehicle. I know lots of people that only have one. Don't think it's that odd. I do not, however, know anyone that owns 13 vehicles.

Ok Jill, I had to laugh at that one. I do think however, that the number of horses you own would be alot harder to keep up with than the number of houses you own. Its not like he is filling his barn and pasture with houses.

I also know of a family that only has one car, so what. When it cost an arm and a leg just to put gas in one, not to mention taxes, insurance and maintenance, I wish I only had one. OH, but I do have two horse trailers and I know that doesn't make me different than most everyone else on here. But it also doesn't make me any better or any worse either.

Its all about excess.

Its hard for middle income families to vote for an individual that has 13 vehicles and who knows how many houses.

Middle class families need to be able to "RELATE" to their candidate.

I own 1 vehicle, which sits in the driveway. I take mass transportation to cut down on fuel consumption and save money.

For those who are so far removed from the lower/middle class I suggest you ride the bus for a month or two. I promise you your prospective will return and you'll also receive a HEAVY dose of empathy for those that are less fortunate than you are.

Its hard for middle income families to vote for an individual that has 13 vehicles and who knows how many houses.
Not for me, I am middle income and I have no problem voting for McCain...

If you look back in history...all presidential candidates have been quite wealthy.

I am also middle class. We just have too many cars
default_biggrin.png
We take good care of them and I couldn't replace them with as dependable as they are for what we'd get if we sold the -- so I've kept those suckers.

I have a white collar job and am a business owner, my husband, Harvey, is a surveyor... Very much every day people. We both are happily voting for McCain / Palin.

Don't beleive me... check out my modest, but really cute (smile) house -- this was awhile back but it looks just the same now except for some campaign signs in the yard:

House%20Whinny%20For%20Me%20Farm%20--%2011102006%20--%20074.jpg

Now we getting somewhere!! In order to vote for the RIGHT candidate I will need a wee bit more..how many suits do they own..how many pairs of shoes, ties, underwear..and the most important thing..brief or boxers???

AND -- do they prefer Coke or Pepsi. OH Obama already has already chimed in about "coke" a/k/a blow: "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack [heroin] though."

Are you sure your middle class?

Taking into account the percentages provided in the six-class model by Gilbert, as well as the model of Thompson and Hickey, one can apply US Census Bureau statistics regarding income. According to these class models the lower middle class is located roughly between the 52nd and 84th percentile of society. In terms of personal income distribution in 2005, that would mean gross annual personal incomes from about $32,500 to $60,000.

Income not an across the board way to evaluate. Income levels and cost of living vary GREATLY depending on where you live. If my income was in that range, I can tell you I couldn't afford something as luxurious as horses.

Additionally, I know there's a huge percentage of the population who feels ANYONE who owns a horse is financially better off than they themselves are.

(For however that may be able to bring home the truth that perception and reality aren't always the same thing.)

Why does it matter how many houses? Well, lets see, that was HUGE talking point that Republicans made last election about Kerry. Doesnt anyone remember that? Do as I say not as I do? It matters how many houses because if you make your stance that 'you are an average Joe' , then you need to hold that up.

It matters how many houses because if you make your stance that 'you are an average Joe' , then you need to hold that up.
I don't think any one who's done what McCain has done for his country is an Average Joe. He is a National hero.

Why does it matter how many houses? Well, lets see, that was HUGE talking point that Republicans made last election about Kerry. Doesnt anyone remember that? Do as I say not as I do? It matters how many houses because if you make your stance that 'you are an average Joe' , then you need to hold that up.
McCain's wife comes from a very well to do family. She brought goodies into their marriage. Just like Teresa Heinz. That never bothered me about Kerry. I didn't like Kerry but what wealth he married into did not matter to me one bit. I do not think any one intelligent person who is voting for issues alone (either now or then with Kerry) is going to make their mind up about someone because they have real estate or more than one vehicle. It's about experience, trust and who can do the best job. It is my opinion that McCain is that person.

I am, however, surprised that the media hasn't gone on a who owns the most snow mobiles hunt yet.

It matters how many houses because if you make your stance that 'you are an average Joe' , then you need to hold that up.
I don't think any one who's done what McCain has done for his country is an Average Joe. He is a National hero.

So that makes him what, special? Anyhow, you are, as usuall, taking one thing said and making it another. *I* wasnt calling him an average Joe, its what HIS campaign is trying to portray him as.

Not going to make a comment on how republicans bashed Kerry about his home ownership? So do the next best thing, go to the POW thing. OMG I am so dang tired of that line. I am SO not diminishing that time either. I am stating that I am tired of his reply to so many questions being about his time as a POW. So John, how do you feel about homelessness. Well, for 5 years I was a POW, I didnt have a home. Come on already. That one thing doesnt make you better. If it did, there is a POW up the road from me a bit that maybe should run for Pres.
default_laugh.png

For those who are so far removed from the lower/middle class I suggest you ride the bus for a month or two. I promise you your prospective will return and you'll also receive a HEAVY dose of empathy for those that are less fortunate than you are.
Are you saying Obama is less fortunate than "me"...because he has only 1 vehicle and I have 3...one of which does not run and the other two which are old pickup trucks??
default_laugh.png
If so, that is just plain FUNNY. I do find it a little weird that someone like Obama would have only 1 vehicle.

But, I have no idea what difference it makes how many vehicles anyone has. I just don't see that being an issue for any election--and I don't see why it matters how many houses a candidate has or doesn't have...

I also don't see how US politics ruined our Canadian election...as I recall we've seen plenty of mudslinging in past elections. I know that before the last one I made the comment that I wish they would stop telling us what was wrong with the other parties and tell us what was so good about their own. Maybe Canada actually started the election mudslinging, and this year the American canditates have just picked up on the idea and made it better!

So that makes him what, special?
Did you seriously just ask that as a follow up to my remark about John McCain being an American Hero????? Regardless of if you think he's who should be the next US President, I cannot relate to you not understanding that his service to our Nation and conduct as a POW was absolutely heroic. How is THIS not special???

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/2008/0...on-account.html

.For those who are so far removed from the lower/middle class I suggest you ride the bus for a month or two. I promise you your prospective will return and you'll also receive a HEAVY dose of empathy for those that are less fortunate than you are.
I would have to walk 15 miles to catch the nearest bus.
default_sad.png

default_new_shocked.gif
They just reported that McCains have 13 registered vehicles that the Dems are complaining about. So what???? And the Obama only have 1.
default_new_shocked.gif
Yes only one.
default_new_shocked.gif
Like he** they have only one. That just has to be a lie. Another put down for McCain seeing he said he didn't know how many houses he had. How many married people only have one car? I live in a depressed area and I don't know anybody who only has one car. Obamas must have a chauffeur (sp). Maybe one of them doesn't have a license. Maybe one of them never learned how to drive. I really find this hilarious. How does anybody who works only have one vehicle per married couple. I find this unbelieveable.
default_new_shocked.gif
I have only heard this once on the news. My take on it was that McCain had been heard to say that he only bought American (he was probably in Michigan when he said it) and the report on his 13 cars was that one was a VW. :DOH!

My personal opinion on American cars is that for the most part is American by name and assembly only. I would guess that most of the parts are foreign made. And how many of them are assembled in Canada. What can I say, my car, a Chevy Monte Carlo , was made in Canada.

Latest posts

Back