McCain - his vice-presidential choice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know a lot about types of Visas. I do know that years ago my husband sent a resume to an energy company in Canada. He got back an nice "no thank you, we do not hire Americans" letter. So I think it goes both ways. Also my husband has dealt with hiring people in other countries....like France. They have a must be a European Union Country (if which France is a member) citizen policy unless the job last less than a certain period of time (i.e. temporary).

Tagalong, I am glad that you are happy working and living in the USA. And thank you for sharing the info on your Visa. It helps us to understand a little more about our immigration and Visa issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tagalong - before " quoting" people PLEASE read what they said.

I said I CAN understand talking with other contries....Not, I CAN NOT understand.

As far as I am concerned I have stayed on topic. To me Politics and Voting go hand in hand. Also, it is all over the news about Mrs. Palins 17 year old daughter being pregnant.

I was stating my opinion on Mrs. Palin's daughter - I do NOT think it is right to judge her as a mother as I stated in my last post.

Tagalong - someone is going to have to give me a lesson is history than. Because I can't imagine it is easier to get a Green Card from Germany and then become a US Citizen when my sister in law had a green card since Kindergarten - Yes, I knew her and her family almost all of my life. We are now 44 ( well she is 42) , look how far Germany has came since then.

I will say this -

Her mother - that I think the world of - has a Green Card - but, she still can't speak good English, read good English,etc. NO, she NEVER became a US Citizen - I do NOT hold that against her. She would NEVER pass the test. So, yes I would sit down at her table and discuss politics.

Now, my sister in law's - sister - We were best friends in school - She has a Green Card and never cared to become a US Citizen - she now basically lives off the government. I can't stand it and I will never know how we were best friends in school. I guess people change!

My sister-in-law - I don't even like - but, I have respect for her in that area. Because she did care enough to get her US citizenship and she can Vote.

Now, the difference I see in my sister-in-laws Mother - Is she is a SMART lady - just not in the English language. She worked very hard until she HAD to retire.

I can tell you are SMART enough to pass the test, etc. So, I still do not understand.

That I guess is where I need a lesson in History - but, if you want to say anymore I would suggest we take it to another thread. I just wanted to defend what I posted to other people in other Country's.

My history lesson does not belong here - In my opinion.

Now, I will also add - when I think of Canada I honestly DO NOT know why with Canada and a few other Country's out there I don't even feel like I am talking to someone out of the US. So, yes I would in every way talk to them.

I can also see where Canadian people would be very interested in what is happening in the USA.

I would LOVE to know how health care works in Canada. Do they like how it is set up, etc? Honestly, I think our Health Care is one of the biggest problems in the US. Well, I am defiantly NOT talking about 911, etc. - Obviously that is EXTREMELY more important.

I personally would hate to see this thread locked. Although, I will take my personal beliefs to another thread.

I would not want myself to be the reason someone's thread gets locked.

I don't know why my computer does this sometimes - I apologize for my thread showing up three times - I have reported it. to the moderators

Last edited:
President Bush, Senator McCain und Senator Kennedy wanted for illegal Immigrants in the country:

Pay a fine, get an ID, pay taxes and live your american dream"

Congress like always vetoed against it wanted $ 5000 per head, work 6 years and go back line in your country and wait 6-20 years for path of citizenship. That's impossible for a family with 3 children pay to $25 000 right now and go home and stay in line for 20 years.

All of the sudden everything what President Bush proposed fired in differnd direction.

Homeland Security Cheerhoff said I take care of that. Closed immigration offices, build federal prisons, hired agents and fed immigration judges all of tax payers money and went out to catch people.

Please don't blame everything on President Bush. Congress took over our country two years ago with leader Pelosi ( the women with "safe our planet" with gas prices sky high and folks try hard to get food on the table) and her followers are to blame for that.

Thank you for reading

Anita

Please don't blame everything on President Bush. Congress took over our country two years ago with leader Pelosi ( the women with "safe our planet" with gas prices sky high and folks try hard to get food on the table) and her followers are to blame for that.
Well said, Anita!
default_yes.gif

Tagalong - before " quoting" people PLEASE read what they said.
I said I CAN understand talking with other contries....Not, I CAN NOT understand.
Lisa - I did read what you said. I always read posts before I comment. Always.

I quoted something you said that I did not understand and asked for clarification.

This was that part...

I also can understand talking and discussing issues with people from other countries - because they do NOT have a choice. They live in another country. You live here in the United States of America !
This seemed a bit confusing to me... I just wanted some clarification on the they do not have a choice comment... I completely understood that you were okay with discussing things with non-US citizens.
default_smile.png

I agree that Palin's family should not be the focus of any of the campaign - even though they were trotted out on stage for us all to see...

As Obama said - family is off limits. He's right.

The Democrats became the majority in congress in Jan 2007 after 12 years of Republican control. Apparently voters thought it was time for a change after 12 years... even though current issues like gas prices, the economy and that expensive little war continue to deteriorate Americans' confidence in the government. Approval ratings would be low no matter who had the majority. And bear in mind that the President can veto anything that Congress votes for - and does.

It also helps to realize that in the past 8 years, W has managed to increase the national debt by a whooping 36% or so... and thus leaves McCain & Palin with a huge mess to account for and deal with. Including his Mission Accomplished. IMO he has not done his party - or many Americans - any favours.

Tagalong - I tried to quote the part I was talking about - that I feel you mis- quoted me on. For some reason, it brought the whole page over. I still can't figure out the quote thing.

I " think" I know where Jill is coming from. I do know where "I "am coming from. As, I stated before - I don't want someones thread locked because of me.

You do have to understand - As Americans we are living in a very scary time.

Now, if you want to discuss Visa's with me - My suggestion is we take it to another thread.

As I stated before I do not want this topic locked because of me. It is a GOOD THREAD!

Nothing in this thread really pushed me to voting for Obama-he was already my pick. But I have been of the mind for a while that hey, we could do worse than McCain.

That was before the RNC, before Palin, and before it was brought to my attention just how much control the Republican party has taken of this "Maverick". Things I have seen and read in this thread simply further cemented my choice in my mind and told me that if I care about the future of my country I need to do everything possible to make sure Obama makes it into office.

And Tag, you can always talk politics with me if you want. I don't discriminate.
default_wub.png

Tagalong - I will say this - Please name one person that has ever run for office that did not show the public their family?

I do not see Mrs. Palins showing her family - as parading as you stated - she is doing the very same thing any other public official has done in the past.

Lowriseminis - I sure hope that comment was not directed towards me - I do NOT discriminate towards, race, etc. - but, I do feel I have FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Tagalong - I will say this - Please name one person that has ever run for office that did not show the public their family?
I do not see Mrs. Palins showing her family - as parading as you stated - she is doing the very same thing any other public official has done in the past.
Lisa - I merely meant that even though they were all paraded up on stage (including Bristol's hubby-to-be) as all candidates tend to do - that there was still no need for family matters to be dragged into the campaign issues.

And Tag, you can always talk politics with me if you want. I don't discriminate.
In an election as crucial and as important as this one - that affects far more than just the US - IMO all opinions and concerns are part of the mix. Citizen or not. American or not. Canadian. Whoever...

I agree with Lisa about Governor Palin's family. My guess is that if she hadn't brought her family to the Convention, and if she hadn't introduced them and then brought them on stage she would be accused of trying to "hide" things. Her daughter and her boyfriend have my respect for appearing publicly when they have to know that the whole world is talking about them right now.

On another topic - I personally hate all the mud-slinging that goes on and can remember a time (is anybody else this old?) when it wasn't as common as it is today....Now if the candidates don't do enough of it the media does. Unfortunately I guess we can expect it to get a whole lot worse before it gets better This is a quote from something I read earlier today "Truth is the first casualty not only in war, but also in the closing days of a campaign." Put your muck boots on folks....it's gonna get a whole lot deeper in the next 2 months.
default_wink.png

AppyLover2 - I agree with you also - If she would not have brought her family, then in my opinion she would be accussed of being ashamed and hiding her family.

Tagalong - What I meant by if they don't live in the USA they don't have a choice is this - I understand wanting to discuss/debate - but, they do not have a choice because they CAN NOT VOTE! You ( I sure wish I knew who I was talking to) said you have lived here for 9 years, but you are not a US Citizen - Since you DO LIVE HERE - then you have a choice to become a US Citizen and Vote.

I posted another thread and I am still hoping for an answer.

Both you and Minimore said you don't have a Green Card - So, you can't go through the process to become a US Citizen.

I am asking - Why you do not have a Greed Card?

It is my understanding anyone that lives in the United States - that comes from any Country is given a Green Card if they live here legally.

From my understanding is you and minimore said I am WRONG - So, please explain this to me in the other thread.

I just posted this because I just realized you asked me what I meant by people in other Country's not having a choice. I am trying to explain what I meant by that. Now, I am hoping in re-turn you, Minimore, or anyone can explain to me why I am wrong about the Green Card.

Lisa, on the other thread I have posted one reason why some people are working in the US without a green card...I'm not saying that is tagalong's situation--because I don't know tagalong's exact situation and nor do I know all there is to know about visas and the different ones available.

But, I have posted what I know about the situation of some people I know that are working in the US without green cards and without the possibility of taking out citizenship.

you have lived here for 9 years, but you are not a US Citizen - Since you DO LIVE HERE - then you have a choice to become a US Citizen and Vote.
no, in tagalong's case, as has been stated, there is no such choice, just as there is no such choice for many other Canadians that are living and working in the US. Many of those that do succeed in moving to the US to live and work are successful only because they have chosen the "right" career. Many, many Canadians are refused in their application to move to the US. I actually had an offer of marriage from someone who wanted to move to the US and would have been happy to use my US citizenship as a means to getting there. Too bad for him that I wanted no part of marrying him nor of moving to Florida!

minimore - sounds like you were smart in your decission.

Also, thank you - I have posted in the other thread.

Latest posts

Back