"Max" (5/29/2009-2/11/2011)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
Last Friday Max (OTM Maximum Firepower) lost his long battle with ulcers & colic. We did everything we could short of a second colic surgery. The cold weather and snow storms did not help.

In his short life Max did so much for us..

- Arriving just 5 days after we were going to quit breeding (he was our first live foal in 3 years of trying) Max convinced us not to give up.

- Max showed us what our breeding program could produce and that, as novices, we could compete with the very best. Thanks to all of you who helped!!

- Those who met him knew Max was much more than just a pretty face - he was the total package of conformation, movement and a sweet and loving personality. Through all his months of treatment I could give him his frequent medication without even putting a halter on him.

- Max entertained us constantly with his antics - especially playing with his hula hoop.

- Through Max, I got to meet many wonderful people in person or electronically that I would not otherwise have met.

- And through Max's experience with ulcers and all the help I received from forum members, my vet and I were both educated! Maybe this information will help someone else.

RIP Max...You will be sorely missed... (often-posted pic at 4 days)Other pics in avatar.

Max_rt_side.jpg

I am so sorry!!! He was such a beautiful horse and important for many reasons. I'm very sorry!

I am so truly sorry for your loss of Max...I have been following all your post on him since I joined LB. He was a beautiful boy. ((Hugs)) to you.

OH MY LORD, I AM SO SORRY!!!!! My heart goes out to you. I know you were such a proud mini mom. It has certainly been an unfair road for you and yours. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Oh my god I am so very sorry. He was such a great horse and I am sure he will be dearly missed by all. Rest in peace handsome man.

OH No No No No..... I am heartbroken for you, and all your extremely loving efforts to help him. He had such a fantastic home and he could not have asked for more. Please know, that he touched the forum members hearts with his beauty and fight. I am so very sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful example of the miniature horse you have lost. He will always be with you in spirit I'm sure. Now with wings he plays at the rainbow bridge.@

Mary I was so heartbroken when I saw this on Facebook and I still don't have any words that will take away the pain. You put your whole heart into this special little horse and now I know it must be broken. Max was such a nice horse and I'm so sorry you lost him.
default_no.gif
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss, words cannot express the pain that we feel when we lose one of our special fur kids.

((( Hugs )))

Stacy

What a pretty boy. I am so sorry for your awful loss. He was a wonderful example of a miniature horse in all ways.

He will be a beautiful angel horse.

I wished I had some magic words to ease your pain, I am so sorry.
default_wub.png

Hugs

Bonnie

No, no, no, no, no!
default_no.gif
This is just heartbreaking Mary. I'm sure you are devastated. And although nobody can say for sure, I thought Max was really going to make a mark in the miniature industry that we'd all look back on and say "I remember when that little tike was born..."

You tried so hard and did so much for him. And in turn he brought you so much joy! What a stunning horse he was - just the picture of balance and perfection. I'm just stunned at this news. Godspeed Max
default_bye-sad.gif
You were loved and admired by many.

No, no, no, no, no!
default_no.gif
This is just heartbreaking Mary. I'm sure you are devastated. And although nobody can say for sure, I thought Max was really going to make a mark in the miniature industry that we'd all look back on and say "I remember when that little tike was born..."

You tried so hard and did so much for him. And in turn he brought you so much joy! What a stunning horse he was - just the picture of balance and perfection. I'm just stunned at this news. Godspeed Max
default_bye-sad.gif
You were loved and admired by many.

Latest posts

Back