Marlanoc Foal Thread, All Foaled! 4 colts, 1 filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avy is actually a she
default_wink.png
but like most Burmese she is a chunker! More to cuddle
default_new_rofl.gif
She is burmese but not pedigree so she isn't the most exceptional example of her breed (hang on while I look over my shoulder and make sure she isn't reading this
default_new_rofl.gif
) she also tricks a few people as her eye colour is incorrect for the breed standard and her coat is darker then a chocolate should be. A breeder described it as her throwing back to something buried in her background that may not have been full Burmese or she's just a genetic quirk.

I believe Burmese and Siamese share some common ancestory which I think is both oriental cats from Thailand. The Burmese also has Siamese in it's development so they have a lot of similar traits. There are also two types of Burmese, American and British and our's tend to be of British type which retains some of the oriental features. I think there is a bit of controversy over the whole thing but I haven't really been reading about cat stuff for awhile, just cuddling them
default_wink.png

I'll dig out a photo of the family's much loved Sienna, sadly now gone but he was exceptional and pedigree. We want to go back to his breeder after I lose Avalon because he was unfaultable in type and personality.

Bree, Avalon is gorgeous!!

thanks for the links
default_smile.png
I'm trying to work out what colour is going to suit Penny best... what do you think? most people I have spoken to think I should go with Silver or gold... lol so hard to choose lol.

yeah can you put up some pics of Derby in his summer coat for me? pretty please?? oh I know I'll have a look at your facebook pics hehe. I am thinking Finn and Derby are VERY similar in colouring
default_smile.png
so cute, both little fluffy midgets lol how tall is Derby now?
I reckon a bar halter is the safest style to go with, it suits most horses! As penny is a chestnut I like gold for any metalwork/chain and if you're going to use colour I really like green on chestnuts.

On my FB there are a few shots of Derby jumping, that was his natural but clipped summer coat, I didn't use his show pony for that show as it had come through so nice. I think you'll see something similar on Finn and I hope you do as it is such a nice coat with some lovely brown tones through it! I don't think Derby has gained much height, he is similar to the almost yearlings!

On the Burmese topic I found some shots of Sienna
default_smile.png

Siennaresized01.jpg

siennaresized02.jpg

siennaresized03.jpg

He was my mum's cat but he was 15 years old when he died and I was 22 (or close) with a younger brother and cousin so he had very much been around for most of our lives. And he was a character! And by character I mean he was King of the Universe and every did as he asked. He also could open doors, open the biscuit box and turn on the tap. So really he could take care of himself and only had us around to make life easier
default_new_rofl.gif

Thanks Bree,

I have found one I like. what do you think?6.JPG its nothing fancy but hopefully a good starting one
default_smile.png

yeah I'm really excited to see how Finn sheds out,especially after seeing the pics of Derby
default_smile.png
I have been brushing him like crazy lol and his coat is already looking heaps better and is really shiny
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I LOVED the pics of Derby jumping! he looks brilliant! I was sitting here thinking... hmm I wonder how I can get Finn to do this hehe maybe in a years time or two LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

I would have taken him for the old-fashioned style "Apple-head Siamese" cat, like my Sammy.
I had a Siamese named Sammy, although, mine was a girl; unfortunately she disappearred one day and we have no idea what happened (think she hitched a ride off the property on day, but not sure).

Thanks Bree,

I have found one I like. what do you think?View attachment 10081 its nothing fancy but hopefully a good starting one
default_smile.png

yeah I'm really excited to see how Finn sheds out,especially after seeing the pics of Derby
default_smile.png
I have been brushing him like crazy lol and his coat is already looking heaps better and is really shiny
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I LOVED the pics of Derby jumping! he looks brilliant! I was sitting here thinking... hmm I wonder how I can get Finn to do this hehe maybe in a years time or two LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

Well AMHS are now holding pony performance so if it comes up your way you'll be able to show your horses and your ponies at the one show!
default_thumbup.gif

Halter wise I know that brand, they aren't a bad starter halter and they are well made however they lack the 'bling' or the 'wow' factor IMHO. The nose part gets it's colour from a ribbon that is plastic coated and Im not too fond of where the plastic casing over the rest of the halter meets the beadwork. I also hate the plastic leads the come with but I hate plastic leads form anywhere as they have shocking grip! Also on Penny's very white face the halter won't really do anything for her, it certainly won't detract but I'd spend a bit extra and go for this one:

http://www.kingstons.net.au/products/Royal-King-Miniature-Show-Halter.html

A friend used one of these and they are excellent value for money! I'd go with kelly green, but blue or the gold could work nicely as well. Id also remove the throat chain as I feel that only works on particular head types and usually on solid colours (again this is JMHO) but I think with her blingy face she could carry the conchos without them overwhelming her. Again they come off so you can experiment with them.

I had a Siamese named Sammy, although, mine was a girl; unfortunately she disappearred one day and we have no idea what happened (think she hitched a ride off the property on day, but not sure).
Oh that's so sad
default_sad.png

You reckon I'll have a foal in early August?
default_wink.png

120716dreamyside.jpg

"Does this make my butt look big?"

120716pladyback.jpg

120716pladyfront.jpg

120716pladyside.jpg

Thanks for the advice bree, I have been looking at the kingston ones and really liked them. I just found these ones and wondered about them for a started halter, but I think I like the kingston brand better and especially after your help with it, thank you.

do you think I would need a medium for her? sorry for all the questions and thank you so much for your help
default_cheekkiss.gif

your girls are looking great!! OMG DREAMY!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
that is one MASSIVE tummy!! n so V like already! has she started bagging up at all Bree? I would say early august for sure!!
default_aktion033.gif
who is she in foal to again Bree? is it Pally? woohoo! so excited for your foals this season!
default_488.gif

Anytime Cassie
default_smile.png
I'm a total fusspot with halter styles, probably worse then most judges
default_new_rofl.gif

How tall is she? Most minis will take the medium size so that would be my guess, you can always ask if you can exchange it if the size is wrong
default_smile.png

Dreamy's in foal to Tinker, first time for these two as well even though they're from the same stud! Very exciting! Her due date should be around 5th of August and no bagging up yet, just a saggy udder so she'll start filling it soon. Being such a small girl and a well used broodmare she's much more exagerated then the taller and younger Painted Lady. I just love it!
default_wub.png
My little foal is in there!

Oh goodness, look at those 'baby' tummies!! Gorgeous!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp

And Sienna was such a handsome boy Bree, thanks for finding the pictures.
default_yes.gif

Dreamy certainly isn't shy about showing! I'm begining to think she might beat Painted Lady, they do have due dates only 5 days apart. But then I have been told Painted Lady tends to go early.

Painted Lady is due on the 1st, Dreamy the 5th and Beauty the 8th!

It sounds as though you are going to be a bit 'busy' around the beginning of next month Bree. LOL!!

It's really just too sad your girls aren't pregnant!!
default_whistling.gif
Yeah it's just bad luck I guess
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

It sounds as though you are going to be a bit 'busy' around the beginning of next month Bree. LOL!!
I know! Tinker was certainly busy last year
default_new_rofl.gif

Not sure what I was thinking!

Moving the girls next week into the small paddocks so we're certainly getting close
default_smile.png

look out I see sleepless nights for you in the very near future LOL in a couple of weeks Bree will be gone and Zombie Bree will be here hehehe.

so exciting! I can't believe in 2-3 weeks you could have some foals on the ground yippee!! so excited for you Bree!

Everyone loves Zombie Bree
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm not sure why most of my friends start avoiding me when they know foals are due
default_whistling.gif

haha oh no! well don't worry you know we won't ignore you LOL in fact you will probably be more popular on here when your foals are due LOL

Probably! But then here everyone is nuts
default_wink.png
in a good way of course.

And so the fun begins - well in a couple of weeks! Welcome back Zombie Bree!!
default_thumbup.gif

Wonderful! Babies due very soon! Can't wait to see them. You are going to be very busy with them so close together. How great is that!
default_thumbup.gif
They will have lots of company to grow up together.

Latest posts

Back