Markings: Any of your horses have recognizable patterns

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy

Reaction score
This is Serenade. She is two now and not until this summer did I see the state of North Carolina on her left side. The ironic thing is, we live in North Carolina. I bought her from Pennsylvania as a weanling, and many of you recall that I almost lost her when she was 6 months old to severe colic and ulcers. She's spoiled and healthy now. I know for sure that she was meant to be my horse. She even has the map of the TarHeel state on her side to prove it.

933_MG_5798withmap2lowres.jpg

Anyone else have horses with recognizable markings?

LOL- that's neat!
default_smile.png

Tammie

One of my appaloosas (leopard) has a heart on one side of her in black spots
default_smile.png

WOW! That looks exactly like North Carolina, what a coincidence! Fever just has a couple "Mickey Mouse" heads in his spots, nothing interesting.

That is really cool! We had a colt that had a big heart marking
default_wub.png
:

That's great! I've seen some really wacky facial markings out there, and we have one ourselves!

Our american saddlebred, Sailor, has a goose on his face! If you look closely, it looks like a goose's neck with the head looking up!

sailor1.jpg

Roy has a perfect heart on his bum on the left side by his tail. Like one of those ponys kids play with. Its so cute.

This is Serenade. She is two now and not until this summer did I see the state of North Carolina on her left side. The ironic thing is, we live in North Carolina. I bought her from Pennsylvania as a weanling, and many of you recall that I almost lost her when she was 6 months old to severe colic and ulcers. She's spoiled and healthy now. I know for sure that she was meant to be my horse. She even has the map of the TarHeel state on her side to prove it.

933_MG_5798withmap2lowres.jpg

Anyone else have horses with recognizable markings?
We mhave a tenn walker colt that has a perfect and very prominent indian head on his side Pat
default_yes.gif
:

My colt Manny has several black birthmarks on his grey coat one of which on his right shoulder is a perfect little heart! I can't wait to see him when he is white like his mother and has that little black heart as they don't seem to be fading to grey like his coat.

This is BabyZee, he has one of the 7 dwarfs on his side....

Zee_and_the_Big_Bad_Woof.jpg

This is Graffe, our big guy and on his left shoulder he has

what looks like one of those old silhouette cut outs of a ladies head.

Graffe.jpg

this is a BRILLIANT THREAD!!!!!!!!! :lol: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

This IS a great thread!! Wish I had some pictures with me but I'm at work!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

1.My mare Aspen has a perfect red "aspen" leaf in the middle of her blaze.

2.My colt Ying Yang was a real live Yin-yang symbol - his front half was black & beack half with a perfect 1/2 dollar sized spot in the center of his rump.

3. Had a pinto pony with big black lips on her back.

:saludando:

Eguisize, I see that lady, but it too me two looks. I was looking at the outer line instead of inside. It's kind of like looking at clouds isn't it?

rvcsherman, I'd love to see the lips. That's a hoot!

I have a freind who's paint gelding has a perfect arrow pointing from his tail up to his hips. It's very distinct.

Here is a colt that we had last year, Little America's Swan Prince... see the swan?

swanDSC_3721.jpg

Oh, Tony, how cute! The white swan on the black background shows up really nicely. What a great name. I guess that swan was visable right from the start.

I can't post pictures but my old mare (APHA) had an 8 on her one side and an owl on the other side!

This is a fun thread! Here is one of our contributions. He's one of our 2004 colts that has an upside down shape of South America on his side. Can you see it?

[SIZE=14pt]Lost Spoke's Apache Dark Moon[/SIZE]

apache.jpg

Dawn :saludando:

NXS Devine Intervention, our 5 year old mare has an arrow head on her side either that or its directions for the stallion !!!

Devinelt2sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back