Mare went 375 Days Well Worth the Wait

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bethel

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 24 year old young mare (Madonna) decided that she did not want to let her foal come into this old world early!!So she carries this youngun for 375 days; but he was well worth the wait and stress; that she caused me. I have slept in my old camper on mare stare for 2 whole months. On Friday night at 11 o'clock; I felt safe to sneak a few winks. You know the story, I awoke(at 1:00 a.m.) and that old mare had the leggiest, straighest , classic champage boy; running around her in the stall.(LOL) Here is a pic of the Mom and Bethel Ky Classic Champagne of Ms. Barn name will be K.C. He is one day old here.

http://photos.imageevent.com/bethel/auctio...ze/MVC-004S.JPG

The day, just gets better!! At 11 p.m. on May 19, my 18 year old mare(Vena) goes into labor and has a bouncing gold champagne baby boy(Bethel Gold Legacy Champagne of Ms). Two champagnes in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW!! This pic of Legacy at 13 hours old.

http://photos.imageevent.com/bethel/auctio...ze/MVC-006S.JPG

This was one of the happiest days of my life, but also one of my saddiest: Legacy will be the last mini born here on the Bethel Farm for me . As many of you know, I lost my husband in Dec. 2004; and with much regret and many tears.(I am crying now).. I have decided to sell the farm and my beloved minis. I will have a Herd Dispersal and Tack Auction on June 24,here on farm.. The Good Lord does not expect us to work every waking hour; and the workload has becme to much for myself and family.Please pray , that I will

have the strength to do what I have to do,

Mini Thanks and Hope to see many of you on the 24th of June!

Jeannie at Bethel Minis, Tack, and Gift Shop in Ky.

Holy Cow!! :new_shocked: :new_shocked:

But it really was worth the wait - they are just lovely! :bgrin

Congratulations on your two lovely colts. Sorry to hear that you have decided to get out of minis. It was always nice to see and talk to you at the shows.

Jeannie, I'm so happy for you in your two new precious loves! But, so very sad to ever see you go from us???

I do understand, but still it makes me so very sad... as just a couple days ago, I was so overjoyed to see your other announcements of late, and was so happily elated for you to see you still carrying on.

PLEASE, DON'T EVER LEAVE US COMPLETELY????
default_wub.png
: We love you so very dearly Jeannie!
default_sad.png

Wishing you all the MOST of your new venture life, and hope with all our hearts we will still and always be a part of your day (at least here) now and then?
default_wub.png
:

Warmest love and prayers for you ALWAYS,

Tanya & Family

Congratulations on those two gorgeous babies! :aktion033:

I know deciding to sell out must have been a very difficult decision for you....
default_sad.png

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Great foals! Congrats!
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:

Oh, I just read the other part of the post, I am SO sorry, you are in my prayers, and I wish you the best of luck :no:

Congrats on those 2 wonderful foals!!!! So sorry to hear u must sell out. Wishing u all the very best in the future. Jen

Congratulations on your new foals. I guess it's a bittersweet ending to your many successful years of raising minis.

Wow! 375 days! She sure made you suffer for this one. Congratulations on 2 nice foals. I'm sorry to hear that you're getting out of mini's. Definately a bittersweet moment for you. Good luck in the future.

Wow the first colt is al legs so stunning!

And the gold boy is very cute too.

And like SWA said I hope you don´t leave us completely.
default_wink.png
:

Jeanne - congratulations on your new foals.

Sorry to hear you are dispersing - and even more sorry I will be out of town when you hold your dispersal sale.

Good luck.

JJay

Those are two very nice foals! Congrats. :aktion033:

Am sorry to hear you are getting out of minis, it is a very hard choice to make and understand why you need to do it.

Is there a way for you to get a smaller place and say keep 2 of your favorites? Just a thought.

<<HUGS>>

So she carries this youngun for 375 days
NO no no no no no no no

I have a mare at 363 today. I'm NOT looking forward to another week or so!! :new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
:

Congratulations!

Those are two very nice foals! Congrats. :aktion033:

Am sorry to hear you are getting out of minis, it is a very hard choice to make and understand why you need to do it.

Is there a way for you to get a smaller place and say keep 2 of your favorites? Just a thought.

<<HUGS>>

Hi Tracy,

Oh yes, it is possilbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You do the math, I hand bred this mare on May 7 and 9, 2005 and had a baby on May 19.2006. Hope yours will be kinder to you and go at any second. Hey, though it was a great birth and what a foal; as I slept right thru(LOL)!

Jeannie

Latest posts

Back