Mare Starers...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay...she's just taking her sweet old time, maybe
default_wink.png

Thanks Matt - she does look to be in early labor!
default_smile.png

Thanks Matt - she does look to be in early labor!
default_smile.png
Since I know absolutely nothing about the signs of labor in a horse, what makes you say this? I was just watching her--she has not stopped walking and has been itching her rear end on the stall walls. I'm new to this whole "MareStare" thing--what else do you look for when a horse is about to deliver? Just watching her is making me a nervous wreck!
default_ohnoes.jpg

Boy, if she doesn't foal soon, I'll eat my hat. And knowing the little I do know about mares...I'd better go find a nice tasty hat.

Okay. I think she'll pop tonight. She certainly looks uncomfortable and in the first stage of labour. Then again...what happened last night
default_wacko.png

Okay. A lot more active and she'll probably foal when I'm in the barn feeding etc.
default_smile.png

God, I hope my mare doesn't do this. If I was her owner, I'd be banging my head against a table LOL.

LOL...As I say that, she goes down and starts pushing! Come on, girl!

OMG!!!!! She was down and having contractions...and now she's up and eating?! Did a dog bark or something? LOL. I'm going to bed...

I'm watching! Thanks guys!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back