mare ready??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPs flat rock acres

Reaction score
If anyones watching marestare stop by and let me know if you think my mare is acting weird. She has very very loose stool not sure what cow patty type would be as she has had that before but today very very loose and she actually laid down with the 4h kids here, glossy eyes. This is the mare that makes me nervous. any thoughts?

Ok an update she decided to stand. I swear she was ready to have this foal everyone here did but she is up eating now. give me a heartattack. I know she is soon to have this baby though. She just is acting reallly weird.

Need to post your web cam site so we can go watch?

If just starting labour they have known to stop birthing for up to 12 or more, if they are disturbed.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry I must remember that. http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=flatrock well I tell you she was laying down while people were around and she is one that would never do this and stayed laying down for about 20 mins she rolled on one side and thought she was going to push but then sat up and now she is standing and eating so maybe she stopped herself. She had me freaked out.

I'll help watch today. Right now she is digging in to the hay!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. It was just so weird how she was acting and know that they can act weird one minute and think they are going to foal only to find yourself a week later in the same position. Just today shes been really weird. How long can they be in first stage labor?

Ill be looking in for the next few hours , she looks happy enough at the moment
default_smile.png

No mare in the stall right now but a sign. The first word is 'no' but I can't see the second word clearly. ANy one know what's going on with this mare?

Is the mare just out for exercise, and get some fresh air?

Cannot read the sign at all?

I put her out because of her loose stool and its a beautiful day out today I can watch her from my window. Letting her get some fresh air. She really had me concerned so please watch tonight when shes back in. This girl always has me up in the air.

Out enjoying the sun the sign says.

Loose stools is also a good sign of foaling. again good luck keep a close eye on her...
default_aktion033.gif

When I have watched her cam before tthat is usually the horses name?

Her name is Jazmine she is back inside. I wanted to watch her behavior outside. Shes been very quite and not acting herself but who knows probably go another week
default_smile.png
Please watch her if you can and call if you see anything. I so worry about this girl.

Also incase anyones wondering what she is doing in the lower corner should she be over there routing. She pulls her hay out of the hay holder and spreads it on the stall floor most ends up in that lower right hand corner. If you think there might be a better way I can put the camera please let me know. thanks

Latest posts

Back