Making Stall Curtains

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my GOD what a good idea. I could dye them ANY color I wanted, and they are already hemmed! I could get the really high thread count so they would hold up to washing. All I would have to do is sew the fancy valances. THANKS for the GREAT idea!

I ordered mine from JC Penney. I got the poplin curtains in my stable colors, along with the valances and tie backs. If I remember correctly, I got enough to do 3 12 foot walls for less than $600.

I think you need to go to KMart vs Walmart.

KMart handles Martha Stewart and she is notorius for having a much higher thread count

RallyZ,

I remember your stall curtains at Nationals! You were stalled behind me and I had to get into one of your stalls to string a rope for my tack stall. Nice curtains! Mine are just two king size bedsheets to cover the front and one side of a stall. Nothing fancy. I'm usually by myself at the shows so I don't have a lot of help or time to put into a big stall production. Wish I could, though!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Thanks for remembering them Carin.

I didn't think they were fancy but I was happy with how they looked.

I put them up myself, very easy with some safety pins and staples.

It didn't take me too long.

I like to use the KISS method with most things.

I also remember you stringing your rope. It's wonderful how creative we

are when necessity strikes.

If you would like to see the picture of RallyZ's curtains right click on the URL with your mouse, copy and paste the url into your address bar and hit go. Dale is being very modest when she says her curtains weren't fancy - they looked fabulous and did us proud!!! And for a minimal amount of money! :bgrin

RallyZ:

Those are VERY nice!

Your red curtains look like they are curved at the top and draped over a pole is that right? Also your white panels look like they have a curtain rod and are hung by a cord? Did you have to send your panel out for your logo?

I'm only going to be doing enough for 1 stall should I make (2) 12 foot panels and (2) 4 foot panels and (1) 4' panel with my logo?

Thank you SO MUCH for the GREAT ideas.

All of the panels are either stapled into the top of the wood stall or safety pinned together over the top of the

bars on the stall door. The swag effect at the top came together because my fabric was too long and I didn't want to cut it so I folded it over to the front and then just scrunched it up on each side and tied each end with zip ties.

The white tarp is just stapled to the top of the stalls. I used the tarp because I could cut it easily on site without having to hem it and, as well, we didn't know how close our stalls would be to the outside elements and it would deflect the rain. How could anyone forget how much it rained at Nationals last year?

I made a separate panel of tarp material and had our logo done up at a sign shop which we applied to the panel and then hung using a dowel and string.

stallcurtains.jpg

I forgot that you had asked about the size.

It depends on the look you want but the suggestion is:

Name panel - 30" x 28"

2 side curtains - 7' x 10' each

1 front curtains next to the door - 7' x 6'

2 curtains for the door - 7' x 3' each

We just had 1 curtain over each door that we could pull back to one side.

If you want some heavy duty stall curtains you can get the different types of fabric from Busch & Associates. I use them for my cordura blanket fabric but they have all type of fabric at a great price, however I am not sure if you have to be a business or not to buy from them.

Hi Kim -- Do you lay awake nights and dream up work for yourself, or what?!?!?!?!? If you want to get real "downtown" with your stall curtains, Suitability has a pattern for them, complete with instructions for doing your logo, etc., etc., etc. Have thought I might send for it, but then was afraid I'd weaken and make myself a set, and EVERYBODY knows I'm never going to show enough to warrant such a frippery, right? RIGHT???? Well, maybe! Plus, if you get on their website, they also give a current list of suppliers of the more difficult to find supplys, cordura, hardware, etc. They have kind of a neat website anyway, you need to save it in your Favorites (check out the Roadster Silks pattern while you're at it).

Guess what we're doing today, we're ripping out part of the wall between the office and the sewing room. Hope it will make these 2 little tiny rooms look more like one bigger, partially divided area. There Marty, that's what we're doing this weekend, what are YOU doing?

Ginny

Ginia Ginia you know I can't sew look what poor Dusty had to ENDURE when I made that full neck sweat! For those Roadster silks I'm just going to have to pray that a GOOD friend takes pity on me. I'm being a lazy TOAD this weekend. I made a cheesecake, my first batch of homemade DOG FOOD and I'm going to the Expo tommorrow.

And you have NO ROOM TO TALK about PROJECTS!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back