Making a dream happen!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackandwhite

Reaction score
hello all!

I'm new to the forums, this is my first post although I have lurked on and off over the years.

I've been wanting a mini of my own for a long, long time. I've even been to meet some breeders. But it's never been the right time to bring one into my family, until recently. My Gypsy, Ronan is going away for a year, so I will be horseless, even though there'll be one living on my property to keep the little guy company. I've decided that now is the right time to add a miniature to my family. Finally!

I've always, always, always wanted one to be my best buddy, trick train, drive, and compete with. I'm not much of a rider anymore, but I love all of the groundwork, in-hand stuff. It's my favourite. I've leased a mini before and I learnt to drive on him, so I think I'm ready for one of my own. I'm so excited to make this dream finally come true.

I'm going for a gelding for my first. I've started looking around and I've actually come across six I'm interested in. I'm hoping to go and visit some in the next couple of weeks.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and letting you know how I get on with my hopeful new purchase!

I am excited for you. We recently got our first mini. We have never even had horses before, so this is all new to us. After our first mini came a second one and then a third one. Watch out, they are addictive!!!
default_smile.png

Good luck in finding the right little gelding for you.

Very exciting! Tell us more about the miniatures you see in NZ. Good luck choosing.
I've noticed a few different types. Lots of mini thoroughbreds and very elegant, leggy, arab types. So many gorgeous horses out there. it's kind of overwhelming. But I'm currently looking at a little gelding that is a full brother of the national supreme halter horse which is super exciting. He's already half broken to harness which is awesome, and he's rising three. Sounds like he fits the bill really well. Hopefully I can go visit him and a few others from the same stud soon! Everyone is all super fluffy right now, all shedding out, which makes it kinda hard to compare when you're looking at pictures of one gelding in full show condition, all clipped out and current pictures of another gelding three inches deep in fluff and in total paddock condition. I'm trying to learn all I can about the minutiae of conformation so I can really assess when I go there to see them in person. How do you see everything under all that fluff?!

Latest posts

Back