Maiden mare at 331 days in foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We understand your stress and concern, and we're here for you. Just realize, that she could very well be in those last 4 weeks or so before foaling, so being watchful for changes is still very important. Hopefully, she'll start giving you better signs and calm your fears. But be assured, we are supporting you and your concerns, so keep your updates coming, and let us know of anything that is concerning you. We're here to help!

Thanks for the support ladies. Sat with midge this morning for a while when I got off work here are photos from today

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well to my very untrained eye... She looks forward of center, and much more slab sided. I would think she is getting close! These mares are super tricky! And being a maiden she may not show you many signs. Hang in there! I know it's hard and stressful. We are all ere for you and your pretty mare!

have a look at my pictures in my post 'bubble pregnancy thread' , my mare looked almost exactly like yours before foaling... hold on !!!!
default_smile.png

Thanks mane and tail they do look alike. It's weird though that my mare has not bagged up, although being a maiden maybe she will at last minute. How do u get the little cute icons?

Yes, she looks forward of center and she looks good! Hold on, baby is coming, and momma looks healthy and strong! Come on momma.... we're all waiting!!

Midge is a very strong alpha type mare, I bet she just plops down with a mouth full of hay and has it. She cracks me up she always has hay hanging out of her mouth, looks like a rabbit making her nest. Lol

What a handsome boy! Should be a pretty one for sure! I wonder if he'll throw those pinto genes in greater fashion, and we'll see some "extra" white on baby?

Last edited:
No baby we are 355 or if bred on cycle in June she is 336. Still no bag really it is hard and full but not dropped really. We will see

If she's at 336 she's doing just perfectly, and we just must be patient as she is probably enjoying making us all crazy!

Latest posts

Back