Maiden mare at 331 days in foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam92646

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone thinks. She is a maiden mare bought her pregnant. She was bred may 17-20 2014. Been in foal watch. We lost a foal several weeks ago due to red bag and bay not in proper position. Babies head was down and legs folded underneath her. Took us about 40 minutes to pull foal. Our hearts were broken, so we are so worried about this girl!

She is 30 inches bred to a 28 inch stud.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry about the loss of your previous foal.

Praying for a safe un-eventful foaling from this little girl. She is a cutie!

Welcome to the forum
default_smile.png

Looks as though she is elongating which is great. Are you able to get a pic of her udder for us to have a look at, then the same lot of pics in a few days if possible. This will give everyone on here a chance to compare photos.

Everyone on here is really nice and helpful so you have come to the right place. Ask away at any questions you have. Glad you have joined us at the nutty nursery
default_smile.png

Here's her non, bag. Keep in mind when I got her there was nothing.mshe is super swollen in between her back legs like the bag is full up there

image.jpg

image.jpg

This pic is from under her belly. She is so crabby will not let me behind her without trying to take out my knee! Lol

Here is our other mare when she delivered. She is only about 28 inches but she was huge! Her name is lala. The bay is midge!

image.jpg

Often mares will become quite stocky in the back legs before foaling due to the added weight. I used to see it a lot with big thoroughbred mares foaling. It usually subsides straight after foaling.

I see some udder development there. Maiden mares are such fun lol

Hopefully Diane and Anna will be on at some stage and may be able to add to this. Your other mare was huge , sorry to read that she lost her foal.

default_smile.png

Really ? being a maiden she may be carrying the foal quite high up in her rib cage. Maidens are tricky at the best of times
default_frusty.gif
Why are you thinking false Pregnancy ? Was your other mare a maiden mare?

When you grab a pic of her next from behind , take it from down at her level so that we can see how baby is riding.

Ryan no the other mare had several foals before. Midge, the bay, had a miscarriage 3 years ago at 9 months, but no other breeding.

Thinking she may have miscarried before I got her. Kinda makes me sad to think it's false vet is coming out on Friday. I'm at work so I will see if my mom can snap a pic. Thanks

Ok, so here's our favorite maiden mare pictures.

This is Tana three years ago, first thing in the morning; not looking all that pregnant at 307 days.

Tana - june 23, 2012 - 2.jpg

Tana - June 23, 2012 - with Dolly.jpg

And, after lunch, on the same day:

Tana and foal - June 23, 2012.jpg

I've shared these several times, and know they are favorites of Diane and a few others.

Hello! Welcome to the nutty nursery! I must say that she looks pregnant to me!! I would keep watching her for sure! She is growing an udder and being a maiden she may not fill up completely until right before or after foaling. Sorry about the loss of your other foal
default_sad.png
I hope you have a new fluffy foal to love on very soon!!

Good news mini sisters! Came home from work this morning expecting no bag again. Well she is engorged! Yippee! It's like two hands full of bag, not dropped into nipples, but it's there! WE R GONNA HAVE A BABY!

Not quite engorged,lol but much bigger than I expected. She is super full above nipples, almost like an old fashioned water bag is pressed against her. I'm so excited can't stand it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yay exciting news ):

Winchestergirl30- Your mare looks great & baby appears to be riding sideways but that's nothing a couple of good rolls wont fix. Her udder looks good and she is elongating. I wouldn't be taking my eyes off her
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back